“Nice setting”

Frankische Weinstube im Handwerkerhof
Ranked #98 of 1,127 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Charlottetown, Canada
“Nice setting”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were only in Nürnberg for a short time, so were glad to find this Weinstube in the charming Handwerkerhof near the train station and our hotel. The service wasn't the best -- there was a large group at a nearby table, and we ended up waiting an unreasonable amount of time before anyone acknowledged us -- but once our order was taken, the meal arrived in good time and was quite delicious. We really enjoyed sharing a wine carousel, with 6 mini glasses of a variety of local wines!

• Visited August 2013

Istanbul, Turkey
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This small restaurant serves very good local food and wine; if you are a large group you need to make a reservation in advance.

Visited January 2013
Benediktbeuern, Germany
“Miserable - fürchterliche Zeit”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Do not go to this establishment. The restaurant is located directly across from the main train station in the quaint Handwerkerhof. The women running this restaurant / Weinstube were the worst I have ever encountered, anywhere in the world. Without exaggeration our server was extremely rude as soon as we arrived in the restaurant, through the entire meal, and eventually would not let me pay with EC Karte or a credit card; they have a MasterCard sign on a board next to the front door. Speaking only German to her from the time I entered the restaurant, when I asked to speak to the manager, I was informed that she was the manager and that I would have to go get cash to pay for our meal. As I left to get cash, my mother was ordered to stay behind, and was told that Americans are terrible/stupid and that she could not believe that people go to eat at a restaurant without cash. They pretend to cater to large groups of people and tourists from around the world. It even states on their website that they accept credit cards. After I paid the bill, and telling her that I thought she was incredibly rude, she hit my mother on the back of the head as we exited the restaurant. Worst dining experience of our lives.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank dieReiselust
Erie, Illinois
“Excellent as Always!”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Dining at its finest! Excellent food and service.
Wonderful old world charm. We dine there often.

• Visited August 2011