“Best location for city hopping”

Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg
Ranked #31 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We picked this hotel for our Christmas market vacation due to its central location, while still provided a quiet night of rest. It was really easy to get to from the airport via the subway. It was a bit confusing as to where to get the subway tickets once we exited the airport since it was a small airport and there was no clear sign. (it is located near the second subway entrance to the left, once you left the airport) However, once you get to the hotel, it's almost like a home away from home. The hotel was right across the street from the Tourist Information, which was the start of the main street that lead down to the Nuremberg Christmas market. It took about 10 min walking to reach the market but all the small kiosks along the way made it seem like the market already started before we reached it. (we really enjoyed the sausage stand that had currywurst)
The hotel was also situated across the street from the main train station that had trains going to Munich, Wurzburg, Rothenburg ODT, etc. We bought the Bavarian tickets each day to travel to those cities with trains that run after 9am and it definitely helped that we could quickly get there once we woke up. It felt safe even after we returned after midnight. There were a lot of breakfast options in the train station or in the subway station so we didn't feel like we had to eat in the hotel or took the lunch box option (with fees) that the hotel provided. (although that was a nice gesture) The train station also had a convenience store where you can buy snacks and water. The hotel provided free wifi in the lobby (not in the room) and a small business center so you can print your boarding passes, etc. The room was pretty big compared to other European hotels that we stayed in. We did take advantage of the hotel breakfast on the last day of our stay and it definitely did not disappoint. We will definitely come back and stay with them again during our next stay.

2  Thank foodienyc82
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear foodienyc82
thank you very much for your review and your detailed description of the hotels location and the things you can do. I very much appreciate your comment that you will stay with us again once in town and I want to thank you for your loyalty in advance.
My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back and remain
with best regards
Jürgen Sziegoleit

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I really liked this hotel. The breakfast buffet is delicious and ample, of course serving those tasty Nuremberg grilled sausages and also Miso soup. Staff is cordially friendly and visibly takes pride in what they do. Reception staff is very attentive and goes out of their way to make one feel welcome or assist in any way they can. The hotel is central, just next to the train station and a good spot for both trade fairs (by car or underground) or exploring the city. I would spend a bit more here as the cheaper rooms tend to be a bit small.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear OliverJavert
thank you very much for your review and your very nice summary of our associates. I also appreciate that you liked our F&B offerings and our central location. My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We arrived at the hotel we were short a suitcase that Emirate Airlines had left in Dubai. Having been travelling for 30 odd hours we were tired and a little frustrated. The staff at the hotel could not have been nicer or more helpful. When we explained the baggage issue they offered to follow up with the airline and assist in getting the luggage to us. They were also extremely helpful with storing our luggage the next day at no extra charge and organising a taxi to take us to our river cruise boat.
The room was large and had a very comfortable bed. The bathroom had heated towel rails and a great bath and shower. The buffet breakfast was extensive and delicious with great choices including champagne.
The hotel’s location is fantastic especially if you are arriving by train as it is just a walk across the square from the station. It is also located right at the entrance to the old town with many attractions in close walking distance. Definitely will stay here again if we visit Nuremberg again.

1  Thank Quiet-Pair
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Quiet-Pair
thank you for your review. It is nic to read that all associates took care of you and that they offered assistance to you. I also like to read that you liked the location, the room, the bathroom and our breakfast. Despite the fact, that your arrival was a little bit spoilt, we are glad to hear that you would stay with us again once you are in town. Thank you for that. My team and I wish you a nice river boat trip and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Extremely dissappointing when expecting 5 stars. The rooms (single room) are tiny, poorly lit and the view out the window is a wall. The train station is loud and delivery vans disturb annoy as from 6am. The walls are thin so you can hear your neighbour on the phone. Wifi coverage is poor and expensive.

Positive :
- gin cocktails in the bar
- valet service

2  Thank Stephan J

Dear Stephan J
thank you for your review and my apologies that we did not meet your expectations. I will pass on your comments to the owning company and remain

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have stayed several times at this property and it has consistntly met or exceeded my expectations. Ths hotel is in a good location in proximity to the central station and the pedestrian precinct. Therefore, it is a suitable choice for both business travelers and tourists.

The hotel managed to provide its guests with modern amenities while maintaining its grand hotel charme. Rooms are all nicely decorated, clean and comfortable and as SPG gold member I receive each time a complementary drink and snack at the hotel bar. I was also impressed by the friendliness of the hotel staff, which in al cases was cordial and dediated to godd customer service.

I can highly recommend this hotel to all visitors of the Nuremberg area.

Dear Alex E
thank you very much for your review and your kind words which I will pass on to all my associates. We know that we have a good location for all sorts of different guests who decide to stay with us, but what really makes adifference is the kindness and friendliness of all employees, that is what makes the difference. Once again thank you for sharing your thought to the public, you are a true ambassador.
My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We travel to Nurnberg every year but usually stay in the countryside about 30 minutes from town. This year we spent our last night at the Le Meridien in order to catch a morning train. The hotel was directly across the street from the train station--super easy to find. Rooms were very nice and the beds super comfortable. The lobby is comfortable, the breakfast was HUGE and the bar is a nice place for a nightcap. The food and drink is a bit pricey in my opinion but it is in a nice hotel. I only wish I would have brought earplugs---being across the street from the train station and at a busy intersection--there was quite a bit of outside noise until quite late and starting again early.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear TaraBlyth
thank you for your review and your nice comments about the bar, the beds, the room, the breakfast and the interior of our Lobby. I am sorry to hear that your night sleep got interrupted by the street noise. Since you come to Nuremberg every year, we hope that you will stay with us again. Once you come back, please ask for a room facing the inner court yard.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I had a late opportunity to get to Nuremberg Christmas Market which was on my wife's bucket list. Had a hard time finding a hotel with such late notice, but after several tries a room opened up at Le Meridien. We were nervous as it is across from train station and sometimes those are not great neighborhoods. In reality, there was no reason for concern. Hotel is a classic European Hotel. Very nice staff, great restaurant. Location was perfect for Christmas markets, we could walk every where. Thoroughly enjoyed the city, the hotel and especially the gluhwein!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Scott H
thank you very much for your review. It is great to read that you liked the hotel, the service, the location and the restaurant. It is also nice to read that you liked our medival city with the world famous Christmas market and the Glühwein. My team and I hope that you will visit us again. If you decide to come back for Xmas, please book a bit earlier next time. During Xmas there is a high demand in the city and we would love to welcome you back.