“Proud staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Hellerup, Copenhagen, Denmark
“Proud staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

You know when you check into a hotel if it is going to be a nice stay or not. Here you are met with staff that care, are helpfull and know their business.
The hotel is well situated for exploring the city, rooms are nice and relatively large.
Don't bother about their restaurent - quality does not live up to the fancy descriptions of the dishes.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter P
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Peter P
thank you for your review and the very nice comments about the knowledgeable associates and their caring attitude. It is also nice to read that you liked the rooms and the location of the hotel. I am sorry to read that you do not like the restaurant and that we have to fancy descriptions about the dishes. I will pass this on to my Executive Food and Beverage team and we will review our offerings.
My entire team and I are looking forward welcoming you back.
Jürgen Sziegoleit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norfolk England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for Christmas 3 years ago and it was so good we decided to go there again for Christmas 2013. It was a decision we didn't regret. The hotel was as good (if not better in some respects) than it was in December 2010. Rooms were quiet, clean and extremely comfortable with a large bathroom. As before, our room looked over an inner courtyard which made it a bit gloomy during daylight hours but we didn't really spend much time in the room so it wasn't a big issue. I can't really understand the reviewers who state that the rooms need refurbishing - ours was bang up to date in every way. The only fault we could find with the room was the glass bathroom door with the loo right at the side of it so you get a full view of the other person's toilet - might be ok for some folk but somethings are private! Food as before was brilliant, one of the best breakfast buffets on offer in any hotel we've stayed in and believe you me we've had some pretty decent breakfast buffets. We ate in the hotel each evening (mostly buffet style) with superbly cooked and presented food. The hotel is in a prime position at the bottom of the old town and directly opposite the main railway station. One of my complaints last time was the lack of free wi-fi, which has now been addressed in part with free wi-fi being offered in the reception area. We were slightly "miffed" by the offer of free tea and coffee in the bar, in lieu of tea and coffee in the room, as there was only one voucher available per stay - if this is being offered in lieu of tea and coffee in the room then there should be one voucher per day.

All in all a brilliant Christmas break (albeit no snow this time!) and we'll be back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Candice-7
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Candice-7
thank you very much for your review and your very nice comments and thank you for coming back to our hotel. It is so nice to read that after 3 years you still had good memories and returned and thank you that you will return again. The tastes of people do vary, some people love the design, others do not like it at all and I am happy that you liked it. My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back and hopefully this year we will have snow in the winter.
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The main benefit of this hotel is its central location being only a short 5 minute walk into Nuremberg old town. The main Nuremberg Hauptbahnhof is located directly across the street from the hotel providing easy access to those not wishing to haul their luggage all over the city. Like many other European hotels the rooms are very small but they are clean, modern, pet friendly, and comfortable though not really conducive to long stays since I did not notice hangers, a closet, a safe, or room to store larger luggage. The bed was above average in comfort and I noticed pillows in varying degrees of firmness which I liked since it allowed me to find one just right. The room in which I stayed received a significant amount of noise both from nearby traffic and from other hotel guests. I was actually quite surprised at the poor room to hall soundproofing. The staff on arrival were friendly and willing to speak either German or English and to provide recommendations, directions, or a handy city map. There were however a few areas where I feel that the hotel falls short. The charge for cabled internet access and direct TV is steep at 24euros. Free internet is provided in the lobby however it is a fairly small lobby with seating for only 3-4 people so not exactly a welcoming location to sit, browse, email, and have a cup of coffee. Which brings me to my second comment. The room did not provide tea or coffee which I could not understand. Surely with a name like Le Meridian tea and coffee should be a staple. It happened that when I was staying both BBC channels on the television were not functioning which was unfortunate since the Wimbledon final was on, but this could happen anywhere. All in all given the hotels fantastic location and the price I paid for the room I found my experience satisfactory. I've stayed in better and I've stayed in worse.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Hillary K
Dear Hillary K
thank you for your review and your nice comments about the location of the hotel and the friendly associates. I am sorry to read that you were disturbed by the noise and I want to apologize for that. You are right when mentioning that there is not a lot of seating capacity in the lobby. I will address this during our budget presentation and I do hope that funds will be made available.
My team and I hope that you will stay with us again once you are in town.
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was here for a business conference and arrived on a sunday and left on a thursday.
The room i got was a little bit small for that many days, but on the other hand i spent most of my time elsewhere but i would have been here with my partner it would have been tight in the room.
But the room was modern and clean and in general up to date.
The breakfast was quite ok and the lunch also but it got boring on the 4th day since it was more or less the same lunch with some small changes.
The thing that i will never understand is that they charge for wi-fi in Germany, this hotel is no exception they want a whooping 19€ for wi-fi that is totally insane!!!
Except for that it was a great place to stay at and the location right next to the central station is awsome.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Mindtrust
thank you for your review and the nice coimments in regards to the hotel and the location. We receive quite a lot of comments for wifi charges and therefore offer free connection in our business centre and in the lobby. In case my associates did not inform you about this service, please accept my apologies. My team and I hope that you will visit us again and remain,
Yours sincerely, Jürgen Sziegoleit, General Manager
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel is ideally located downtown, around 20minutes from the airport and across the road from the train station. I was upgraded to a suite. Checkin was smooth, check out took a little longer with some mistakes on the bill. The receptionist kindly invited me to have a coffee "on the house" while she sorted out the paper work and came back within 10 minutes. I chose the hotel after noosing at the SPG website which mainly showed a renovated hotel. My room wasn't, not sure if it's an exception. The hotel should be more realistic with the pictures they put on the SPG website and the reality. Nevertheless it was a very confortable stay.. Services efficient. Bed was a little tired and bumpy but acceptable (though usually in Meridiens: beds are amazing). Breakfast offers a wide selection of foods. Internet reception in my room was bad, had to connect via the cable in the room

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mallory M
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Mallory M
thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you appreciate our central location. a part from 3 rooms and 2 suites, all remaining 187 bedrooms were renovated in 2009. The 5 rooms mentioned will follow next next. My apologies for the bad internet connection, we are working on this and we will upgrade our system.
My team and O hope that will stay with us again once you are in town and remain,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I am a little spoiled and so I always find something to picker on when I stay somewhere but I could not here....service was awesome ... food was great ....room was comfortable. ..room service was fast and not too expensive. ..maybe softer pillows would be a good idea

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear nonameavailablehere
since you always pick on something, my team and I take it as a real great compliment, thank you for your review and your nice comments. Next time you stay with us, please ask for soft pillows and we will provide them for you.
All the best
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Conveniently located right opposite the Nurnberg Station. Very easy access to local transportation. I stayed 1 night on June 22 for a bbusiness conference and was impressed with the room and the Hotel facilities. It is an excellent choice even for leisure travellers due to the proximity to station. Breakfast was really good and Internet speed was excellent. Beds where very comfortable. I would highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sachin1375
thank you for your review and recommending us to others. It is nice to read that you valued our location so much and that you liked the services on offer.
My team and I are looking forward to your next visit.