“Expectations not met at all”

Bahama Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #345 of 1,234 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Granted my husband and I ONLY went to Bahamas because he could watch a soccer game, but since we live in the area and had never tried the food we gave it a go... Well there is nothing authentic about the place. It's positioned as a 'latino' establishment, and when we were there a group of Spanish speaking people sat down. The waitress (clearly as franconian as potatoes) tried her best in English, but couldn't say a word in Spanish. Ooops... We ordered 'home made' nachos. I've had nachos in Mexico, USA, France and even Munich but these were by far the farthest from there real deal I've ever had. I don't know what is 'home made' about them. The 'guacamole' comes either from Metro or Norma (ready-made and probably 0% avocado, gray in color) as well as the 'sour cream sauce', and the nachos are just dunked in some kind of ready-made orange-y mayonnaise that sort of feels like Velveeta but isn't. Nothing home made about it, not even close. It's all ready-made cheap-o sauces bought from the convenience store or cash and carry. That was it for us, I don't feel like wasting more money on this lack of quality.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

So I come to Nuremberg every year for trade shows and I probably visit the same bar every year but this year we stumbled across this place and it’s the only place I’ll visit from now on. Unbelievably friendly staff and excellent drinks and food at a very affordable price and they offer a happy hour from 18-20pm and live music on Saturday!
See you next year guys!!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Not recommendable at all, the new owner is just obnoxious. It is wearing a latin brand, but this restaurant has lost that feeling.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We were taken in by the ambience when we got in. The restaurant has a romantic feel about it.
We ordered a Chicken Burger and a Ham Burger . Somehow the burger patty was hard and also chewy. Not very impressed with the food, the drinks were okay though.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

I am crying - this was the place where I went out every Friday for Latin way of life: music, cocktails, food dancing. Now the new owner canceled dancing.
Hey - People went there for the way of life - not the burgers!!!
The new owner doesn't understand that dancing is part of life in Latin America. Without dancing, Bahama now has degraded to a Wannabe place that is just marketed as latin.
Sorry that I had to remove three stars, I once rated this place with five stars.
I hope that the party goes on, DJ Fabio has announced a new place, buena bista club, U1 Jakobinenstrasse