“Nice Little Vegetarian Italian Cafe”

Il Dolce & i Panini
Ranked #312 of 1,134 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Nice Little Vegetarian Italian Cafe”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We went here for dinner, but this is more of a cafe. But dinner worked. They had a few pasta dishes, panini, salads, a few appetizers, and desserts. Of course, also a good selection of coffee, tea, and wine. A small menu, which is good because that probably means it is fresh. We found the pasta to be better than average -- they had a creative broccoli and pistachio cream pasta as a special when we were there. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere that they were vegetarian. It just so happens that there are no meat dishes on the menu. The menu did say that they have a new owner as of 1 March 2013, so I hope that does not change. They were busy but service was till pretty fast by German standards. In sum, a little gem.

• Visited March 2013

“Great homemade cooking in a restaurant”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The kitchen is actually Sicilian/Vegetarian/Vegan, but oddly enough I could not chose "Sicilian", when i requested to add "il Dolce & i Panini" on Tripadvisor.
Very small place in a narrow side-street. Open Monday to Saturday.
They serve breakfast (5-11€), antipasti (4-5€), panini (5-7€) and a couple of pasta main courses (7-9€).
All dishes are vegetarian, and you can even get some of the dishes as vegan.
I had antipasti consisting of 5 different homemade bread-spreads based on fresh cheeses, with various shredded vegetables, olives and bread. The taste left me wanting the recipes!!
The bread deserves extra mentioning - wonderfully fresh and quite clearly cut right before being put on the plate.
All wines can be ordered by the glass (3-6€).
I had a Pogerissi Chianti and it was excellent. My main course (pasta with mushroom-sauce) was also delicious.
A couple of daily courses changes with what is available.
You both taste and feel it - here you're in a place where they serve food because they like cooking and they like food.
I can not think of a better compliment for a restaurant.
The deserts are Ice-cream surrounded by hot liquid chocolate.
This is in co-operation with a chocolate-store on the other side of the street/alley.