“Alright”

Invite Hotel Nuremberg
Ranked #18 of 30 Nuremberg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Location is a bit of a walk or 10 minutes by tram from the old town/main station.

When booked, it said that free internet is included but as we got there they had a sign saying they have started charging for the internet. That was ridiculous as we purposely booked a place with free internet. Furthermore, we found out the internet did not reach our room after we paid for it! Makes no sense to charge for internet that does not even work in all the rooms.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I booked it on the internet thought I was being clever getting false sense of economy. The staff was courteous, but it was all so superficial. Stood outside elevator with our luggage only to be told 5 minutes later that it wasn´t working. We´re offered a room on the traffic frontage of the hotel ... when we queried it ... we were moved to the back. We asked for a room with a bath (via internet), No response was sent. No bathtubs were offered. Arriving back after dinner 9 pm we asked if we could have one drink in the bar ... it had to be opened and felt as if we were putting them out. We went out again in the evening, elevator was still not working. Not one english speaking channel on the television. Asking for dinner recommendation, we were sent off in a horrible intimidating area of town. It was not a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: For the little extra it will cost, find a hotel nearer the Old Walls. I felt so deceived by their...
1  Thank berna57
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Very modern hotel with almost everything to make a perfect stay. I can't say much wrong about this place and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.
But... if I was to fix one thing it would be the terrible WIFI. The WIFI works in the lobby but not at all in my room 110 and in today's world that is really bad. Also, the breakfast is overpriced at 9€ and I suggest eating in town.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I would say that this hotel is average minus and present a few inconveniences, however it is very cheap (we paid around 40 euro per night).

Location: located quite far from the city center if you plan to walk from the central station. However, the tramway will take you to a subway station (or to the central station) rather quickly, and in Nüremberg tramways operate until rather late at night (12:30am ...). The neighborhood is rather safe, but of course do not expect anything fancy

Rooms: rooms are very clean, small but rather pleasant. However, they are hot during the summer (no air conditioner / fan provided). This is a major drawback because their rooms have windows on a noisy street, therefore you need to open the windows and do with all the noise.

Service: reception desk is open until 10:30pm. There's a note on the elevator "Use the elevator at your own risk after 10:30pm". First time I see this in an hotel ;)

Internet connection: working but quite poor / very slow. Use it only to send or check your email.

Overall, I recommend this place if you are on a budget, especially when outside temperatures are not too hot (avoid june to september).

Room Tip: Ask for a room whose windows are NOT facing the street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

No AC is normal in Germany, but most hotels will provide a fan. This one didn't so we wanted to leave the windows open. It was already loud from cars and trains with them closed. When we opened them there was no sleeping. Then we closed them and it was way way too hot. We settled on playing soft music and leaving the windows open. It's right next to some residential apartments, which have balconys. A lot of people on Germany smoke, that's all fine, but when their balcony is almost within arms reach of our windows, which have to be open due to heat, we end up breathing smoke all night and day! The neighbors were up all night laughing and talking on the balcony smoking and smoking. I took a shower the next morning and got dressed and all my clothes and my hair smelled like smoke. There was also a sign on the door that says if you smoke in the room you will be charged €300 for repairs. With as bad as it was I wouldn't be surprised if they thought we were smoking in there. Might as well have been. The beds were so old you could actually see on the sides where they are bent and deformed. They didn't have fitted sheets so all night when we were tossing and turning the sheets got wadded up and we ended up laying on the pad itself. We finally gave up and laid blankets on the floor so we could get some sleep. My husband and and I actually woke up with back aches the first night when we stayed in the beds all night. We needed to be in the area for about three days so we booked it online before hand. REGRET! We had already paid so we stayed all three nights, but it was the most miserable we were the whole time in Germany. The road it was located on was dark and creepy at night. We walked in from the train station which isn't a far walk, but it was though a shady part of town and a park where kids were out late at night in the shadows creepy like. We put a do not disturb sign on the first night so the house keeping wouldn't wake us up in the morning, I don't know where it went or why but the next morning before 9 she was banging on the door saying housekeeping. I said "Nine Danke" but she kept knocking, until I opened it and said no thanks. We didn't know the area and had help at other hotels where the front desk would help up find our way and tell us about local transportation. When we checked it we admit it was cutting it close, our train from Venice was delayed so we didn't get in until right before 10 then we had to hike over to the hotel so we showed up right before 10:30 which is when they close the front desk. She was irratatated and short with us. Didn't explain anything. We turned around before we got in the elevator to ask about wifi and she gave us the irritated sign and handed us the password. We didn't get a chance to ask about transportation. Someone previously mentioned the elevator closing at 10:30, they keep it on but they say "used at your own risk." My husband wanted to try it and he got a little freaked out. It locked up on the second floor for about 3 minuets then after pushing every button it finally opened. So even if you can, don't! I know this was long, but honestly the place was bad. We stayed the whole three days and it got worse every day. All I could think was why didn't I read more reviews!!! Do yourself a favor, don't stay here, it's cheap so if you must then don't make it an extended stay. One night is enough!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The hotel is set in a residential area, in the south west of the city centre. From the main train station (Haufbannhof) it is a 30 minute walk, or 8 euros in a taxi, and is also handy for the local tram network. A typical 3* hotel, the frontage and the neighbouring area can be off-putting, but we were quite impressed with the inside of the hotel, with compact but well presented reception, bar, lounge and dining rooms. The reception staff were very helpful, and spoke good english. Our bedroom (412) was located at the rear of the hotel, and we had no problems whatsoever with noise. The bedroom was clean, quite spacious, and the twin beds were very comfortable. The breakfast had both a hot and cold buffet which was well stocked, and was more than sufficent to set you up for the day. Overall, we had a comfortable 3 night stay, the only obvious drawback was the distance to Nurnberg old city centre, but the historic centre is not to be missed!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel benefit from less street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2013

i stayed in invite hotel with my wife to explore the beautiful city of nurnberg. the location is ok, where the hotel is only 15 minutes walk from the old town centre (you can use a tram as well), but the area doesnt offer anything special (kebab shop, small bakery and thats it). as well the hotel is next to main road so it can be noisy (i slept good and didnt hear anything, but my wife did). the girls in the reception were really nice and put up with my broken german and spoke well english as well, really nice. the room was on fifth floor with balcony, the furniture was bit dated and the room would benefit from a fresh paint but the size was great as well the bathroom was spacious. shame that the wifi wasnt working properly and the signal was more off than on. the sauna was bit smaller but perfect for two people and not used that much (had to give 30 min notice so it can heat up). one bad thing was that we ordered big doule bed but the room had two singles and we passed on breakfast for 9 euro per person (which is bit more expensive to be honest)... overall i was nicely surprised by the stay because the reviews werent that positive, but at the end we enjoyed our stay in nurnberg and hotel INVITE as well!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple