“Clean and quiet”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Clean and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Lovely stay in Nuremberg. Hotel is within the old city wall and walking distance to all the sights within the wall. The room was big and quiet and the bed was super comfortable. Communal baths were incredibly clean and modern, with private stalls that closed from floor to ceiling and very spacious, modern showers. The breakfast was tasty and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I was traveling alone and the five reasons hotel and hostal was perfect. Incredibly friendly staff who take care of every single detail making your staying so easy. Good breakfasts, big and good bedrooms, clean bathrooms. Overall, I totally recommend it for backpackers or families.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Located within walking distance from the main train station, we arrived to a private twin room that had a great view of the Opera House. The room had high ceilings and huge windows that gave rise to a feeling of spaciousness. It was also very clean. The level where we were at was pretty quiet when we were there and we felt as if we had the whole bathroom to ourselves! A bathroom with a rain shower, can you believe it? I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank icemountainsg
Oban, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Staying there for just few days cost a lot, 18 Euro for a 8-bed dorm with no basin in the room. It was quite close to the Schloss though. The staff was very helpful. Good view from the hostel coz the Fort is just outside the hostel. The beds were noisy.

When I woke up one morning the house keeper pointed at my pillow and said something in German which I didn't understand. She took it away and then put on another bed. I didn't know what was going on until I had to ask the receptionist what she said. She thought that I didn't pay for the bed and grabbed someone pillow from an empty bed and slept with my partner on the same bed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

So I usually avoid rooms with shared bathrooms, but after having read other reviews about how nice the bathrooms were, I went ahead and booked. I was going to be here the middle of december, which meant the rates were high all over the city. I knew I wanted to stay in the very center as I would be arriving late and taking a train the next afternoon, so I wanted to be close to the station without paying a premium. I couldn't have been more pleased with my choice. I booked a double room and let them know I would be arriving late. The hostel was super easy to get to from the airport via the u-bahn (stay on it all the way from the airport and get off one stop past the central station, takes about 10-12 mins), but once you get off go directly straight ahead under the city wall and take the very first left and you'll see the hostel on the right side of the street.
The staff couldn't have been nicer from check-in to check-out. They gave us really great tips for places that were open late (past midnight on a thursday). All of them were very friendly and helpful.
The room itself was great! I wish all double rooms were this big and spacious. The bed was so very comfortable and I was wishing I could take it with me. Looking out the big windows gave a beautiful view of the Staatstheater and the old city walls. There was a good full-length mirror in the room, coat rack, storage closet, bed tables and a table with chairs in the room. There were at least 3 outlets in the room, if not more, so no problem charging multiple devices.
The females' bathroom was very clean and excellent! Two big rainforest showers, two big sinks, and two toilets plus corner for doing hair/makeup, including a 'real' sized hairdryer. In the lobby is a bigger eating area plus kitchen.There is also a storage room if you need to leave your stuff for a few hours after checking out.
All in all, I thought 5 Reasons hostel was excellent and I will absolutely stay there next time!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Maribor, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I've been to several hostels, but this one is truly great. One of the best I've been to. It's located just a couple of minutes from the main train station inside the city walls. It has been completely renovated. The rooms are nice and clean. The bathrooms are big and clean. They offer different types of breakfasts. They have a kitchen where you can prepare yourself a meal. It is definitely worth the price. The hostel is a few minutes from the main attractions in the historic centre of Nuremberg. If you plan a visit to the city, choose this hostel!!!

Room Tip: The double private room with shared bathroom is a good choice!