“Amazing Dry Aged Beef”

Ranked #103 of 1,120 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Price range: US$21 - US$54
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar, Steakhouse, Central European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Berlin, Germany
“Amazing Dry Aged Beef”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Thanks to a recommendation at the toy fair in nuremberg this year we visited this great restaurant which is a bit of the beaten track and which we would never have found otherwise so thanks again glen.
What a beautiful place with a very special design which boasts great classical features like an old wooden work bench as station, very cool oil paintings and an ornamented wallpaper that really makes this place special. We were seated at an extremely long wooden table which is probably thought for larger groups but was on this night used for several smaller parties. A wonderful atmosphere which i never experienced like that before.
But the food is really the highlight. All dishes we had like steak tartar, black pudding with mustard mash and caramelized apples, 6 weeks dry aged rib eye and the burger with whiskey mushrooms and a smoked cheese were all absolutely amazing and spot on. The dry aged beef was one of the best i have ever had. They even have original Laguiole knifes.
They have a great wine selection of which we choose an oaked spanish garnacha which was amazing value for money and rounded up our meal to be one to remember.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Beefme

Schwaig bei Nuernberg, Germany
“one of my favorites in nuernberg”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

It's about time I start writing a bit about the restaurants in my current town of residency.

The Weinstockwerk is definitely one of my top 3 and most certainly the one i visit the most.

There food concept could probably be described as "steak, burgers and wine" which sounds pretty average if not boring, doesn't it? But far off.

It's an amazing place with a what i call "Capitol City" interior that combines somehow vintage with modern and that manages to create an atmosphere of warmth in which we always linger longer than anticipated to drink more of their delicious wines (lots of German with some Italian, Austrian and South American).

Although they recently introduced a weekly specials menu which offers more seasonal dishes i stick to what i love, their meat. The quality of the meat is heavenly (advertised as german free range beef) and to anyone that gets the chance, i recommend to try their rib eye or the cote de boeuf which has so much meaty flavor but at the same time is tender as a filet.

What i especially love about this place is the fact that it is so diverse. You can go for any occasion may it be a special one where you like or need to impress with amazing food and wine or a rather casual one where you just take a friend to have a good German beer and one of their luscious gourmet burgers (even the buns are home baked).

The service is always attentive and very knowledgeable and they treat you like their friends.

So I find myself going back again and again and have not yet gotten fed (up).

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank linda s
Horley, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly quaffable German red wines and great meat”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Visiting with colleagues, my expectations were not high for a German wine bar (apologies for the stereotype to my German friends). I was surprised and delighted that the wines we experienced were deep, complex and very quaffable.

The theme is towards meat predominantly (a cow chart with joints named and shamed is your place mat) and we were served anti-pasti followed by slabs of well cooked, rare beef served with fries and a herby salad which was demolished by my fellow guests and I. The puddings (our platter offered a gingerbread style ice cream or chocolate pudding) were more-ish and the cheese course is well worth a try. One particularly strong cheese which went very well with a quince-like jelly (which may have actually been quince, I neglected to ask!) and was a revelation.

The mood was dimly-lit cosy with a plush seating area to the rear.
I would recommend for friends and business or an established couple rather than a first date.
Would definitely return.