“Good stay at HI Nurnberg (Nuremberg)”

Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre
Ranked #13 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a nice modern hotel with western amenities, but was better in past years. Location is great in the Old Town and convenient to restaurants and Underground. Nice bar, good restaurant. Just some minor inconceniences: we could not get the room warm enough for our Florida bodies and the thermostat on the wall must just be for the amusement of the guest to try to adjust the temperature; also, this was a trade show week and I did not have to be at the venue early, so by the time I got in the shower the hot water was gone and the best I could do was a tepid, warm water shower.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank James P

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for three nights while visiting the Embedded World trade show. Basically we suffered from three issues:
1. It was very cold in the room. Even with the heater on the temperature did not want to go above 20 degrees centigrade. After several insistent complaints the staff brought us an electric heater that resolved the problem.
2. Very slow Internet connection. Wi-Fi routers are obviously very old and as a result the download speed is just about 1 Mbps.
3. The staff is very tricky. On checkout they (in particular Ms. Ines [--]) tried to cheat us three times. First of all she tried to charge us for 10 breakfasts for 3 persons for 3 nights stay, After we pointed out this did not make sense, she said that we booked 2 rooms with 4 persons. She insisted on that. However when I produced the reservation confirmation for 3 persons she immediately forgot about that. After that we noticed that she was trying to charge EUR 213 per night instead of EUR 204 per night as per reservation confirmation. This was also fixed.

The bitter thing is that the mentioned lady did not even care to bring me a single apology, even despite being asked to. She was rude and unfriendly.

After we left we found out that despite all our efforts she had still cheated us. The daily rate EUR 204 included breakfast and she charged additional EUR 15 for each breakfast.

I consider that it's simply extraordinary. I would not advise anybody to stay in this hotel.

7  Thank YuriKirillov
SchumaT, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Sir,
we have sent you a separate detailled letter.
We want to fix the following facts: heaters are working, no technical issues.
Internet connection is not old, fresh reconfigured in 2013 with additional lines to be faster and still opportunity to make it even better in 2014.
Staff is definitely not "tricky", please see other reviews for our property, it was in case a technical error that submited us other rates, refund has been issued right after claiming the error.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Location can be offensive for some because the Red Light District of Nurenberg is just around the corner. The hotel WiFi is worst ever internet access I have seen so far, and I have seen a lot. Breakfast is quite good. The Bistro in the lobby is good. Rooms are clean but lacks a little touch.

3  Thank tzravel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the rooms. On the other hand, please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you have encountered with the location and most especially with the unsatisfactory WiFi connection. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This hotel is situated at 5 minutes walk from the city center.it is a brandnew , modern Holiday Inn with a nice design.A plus is the parking garage which leeds you directly to your rooms.Service is good and rooms are big and nice .

Room Tip: go for a superior room at the backside of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luc P
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Loved the rooms , the service and its very very well located hotel. very near to the city center.
The prices are holiday inn prices but its value for the same. Rooms are big , cozy and service is quick and good. There are good restaurant options near by incase you want to try ,,, thai, turkish, japanese. They also have a nearby parking place (5 mins walk ) if you donot get space in holiday inn parking.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ketaki C
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Absolutely the worst service from any hotel I have ever had the pleasure of NOT staying in! My cancellation did not go through on the IHG website and thought it was acceptable to charge me 300 Euro even as a platinum member.

All staff I spoke to at the hotel were rude and obnoxious who took great pleasure in advising me that they were taking the money and that was final!

Currently complaining to senior executives of IHG group as I certainly wouldn't have this problem with Hilton!

Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else!

8  Thank anagramdan
SchumaT, Manager at Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

review is factually incorrect, client is spreading slander! Hotel has not "stolen" money, client did not cancel his reservation, now is annoyed because of penalty fee. Client never stayed at property, review is not representing the originally provided service on site!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

It's only a Holiday Inn soI was not expecting great things, but this is not great. The rooms were not what I would call clean, the bed mediocre, and the service slapdash.

Biggest problem is the dodgy area, near the red light zone and with shady people hanging about. I was twice offered drugs on the street corner.

There are better places to stay. I' rather stop in an Ibis, and you won't hear me say that often.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank brunnian
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear brunnian,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.