“Friendly, comfortable, clean and close to everything”

art & business Hotel
Ranked #11 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was my first visit to Nuremberg, as part of a larger Germany road trip, and I wish I could have taken this hotel with me to my other stops. Should I ever find myself back in Nuremberg, I would not hesitate to rebook this hotel.

First, this is not a luxury hotel, so I wouldn't go expecting a gym, room service or other similar amenities. What it is is clean, comfortable, a great value, and with a staff that is friendly and responsive. The breakfast, as others have stated, is fantastic with a pretty impressive array of food (real food!) available.

The hotel itself is a very short distance away from the main train station, with a small street sign to lead you in the right direction (I appreciated that as I was a little disoriented leaving the station). I honestly didn't expect it to be that close, but I was more than happy to have a short walk in the December chill.

My room faced the street, and yet I had no issue with noise or traffic whatsoever. Certainly, you can still hear "some" traffic noise, but it's pretty muffled. Unless you're right next to the windows, you shouldn't have an issue. I had a single room,and, as I only had one medium-sized suitcase and carry-on bag, I felt it was spacious enough for my needs.

My main purpose for my visit to Nuremberg was to see the Christmas markets, and the hotel is a short walk -- maybe 10 minutes or so -- from the old town where the majority of the markets are set up. Even so, when I decided to go visit other parts of town or the Documentation Center farther away, it was an even shorter walk back to the main train station to grab a street car.

The only issue that I can see being a concern for some travelers is the size of the in-room safe -- it's a little small. It may fit an iPad or iPad mini, but definitely not a laptop. For reference, I have a 13" Macbook Pro that is pretty thin, and there was no way it would fit. Now, I wasn't really bothered by this -- I felt safe enough and sometimes carried my laptop with me. I mention it only as it might be a concern for some travelers.

All in all, I had a very pleasant stay and I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tavvie
Scheuerecker, Geschäftsführer at art & business Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Tavvie, thank you very much for your great review and your commend. We are very happy about this. Also many thanks for the note with the size of the safes. We will make our thoughts, if we do not find a better solution for this. Kind regard from Germany - Stephanie Scheuerecker

Reviewed 22 October 2013

After 31 years , I was again in Nurnberg , now I find this hotel from Booking.com. Me and my wife stayed two nights and enjoyed the hotel. Everything was excellent... Location very close to everywhere ........

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Guray2013
Scheuerecker, Geschäftsführer at art & business Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Guray2013, thank you very much for great review and we hope your are not waiting so long to visit Nuremberg again. Your art & business hotel team

Reviewed 24 September 2013

best breakfast ever..............................
very friendly employees.......................
room size and style very good.............
location very close to everywhere........
close by public transportation..............
close to downtown...............................

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iris0815
Scheuerecker, Geschäftsführer at art & business Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Iris0815, thank you for your rating to tripadvisor.de. It is really very nice to read that you were completely satisfied. We hope to see you soon at our hotel again. Best regards from Nürnberg - art & business hotel

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. It is not a glamorous chain hotel but a modern, clean, simple and efficient residence. We opted for a room overlooking a small courtyard, the room having a bath. My only comment on the rooms is that I would have preferred brighter lighting in the bathroom.
The breakfast, which is included in the room rate, was first class with many individual pots of sweet and savoury items made by the very pleasant ladies that work in the breakfast area.
Very near to the station and a short walk to the old town, a hotel to be recommended..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Antarctic, thank you very much for rating to tripadvisor.de. Your praise for our loving breakfast makes us very happy and we hope to see you soon at our hotel again. Best regards from Nürnberg - art & business hotel

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I won't repeat most of the information in the other reviews. This is a great location near the main train station, and a short walk to the old city. Very quiet. Great artwork. Terrific breakfast, and A/C (which is very hard to find in Germany). Just became my Go To Hotel in Nuernberg.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcoxpharmd
Scheuerecker, Manager at art & business Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear mcoxpharmd, thank you for your great review. It's nice to hear that you had a nice stay with us and we are looking forward to your next visit. Best regards the art & business hotel team

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Me and my parents stayed in this hotel for 2 nights last Aug.10-Aug.12. They didn't have a triple room that time so we had to book for a single and a double room. Both rooms were modern-styled, spacious, comfortable and clean. Rooms are air conditioned too (most of Nürnberg hotels don't have the A/C and could be problem during summer).The shower room is small though but it's no big deal. I loved the staff, friendly and helpful. The location is great near the central train station and is perfect to visit the Nürnberg. The hotel doesn't have a parking lot but there's a big parking lot beside the train station. We parked there and payed less than the usual price thanks to the hotel discount. Breakfast was good with lots of choices. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ardl_obey

Dear ardl_obey, it's nice to hear that you had a nice stay with us. Gladly I will pass on your praise to my staff. Your art & business hotel

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We booked this hotel based on location and other favorable reviews. Small and out of the way, the overall experience was excellent. Very handy to the medieval city, train station, and restaurants. The breakfast was absolutely outstanding and exceeded all expectations. The service provided by Anna and Frederike and the rest of the staff was wonderful. Room was small but well appointed. Rates are reasonable. We will definitely book here on our next trip to Nuremberg.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeneandRox

GeneandRox, a big thank you for the nice review. It's nice to read that you felt so comfortable with us. Your kind praise I will give to my colleagues further. We look forward to your next visit and send many greetings from Nürnberg. Your art & business hotel