“Very bad”

Ranked #119 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Valencia, Spain
“Very bad”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Our stay was five days, and not recommended because both the rooms and the service are kept nefastos.Los radiators make noise, then the room was horrible and very uncomfortable beds, all linked to poor service and poor attention encargado.No workers and has nothing to do with the photos and what ofrcen internet and its Web web.Hicieron our trip to Nuremberg an unpleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jimy593

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This hotel was very plain, nothing special. The location is about two blocks from main train station with lots of restaurants around. Friendly staff. Very little, included in breakfast selection and never ready when they say breakfast is starting. If your looking for less expensive and nothing more, this place is perfect.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Older hotel so I was not expecting modern styles and 5 star service. As well, depending on your level of noise tolerance, one might not want to stay above the strip clubs.
However for the price and location, I would say it was worth a short stay. Nothin

Likes:
10 minute walk from Haufbanof
great spot in the central part of town for exploring and eating

Dislikes:
Tranlucent curtains, so if I had the light on in the room, I am sure somebody can see in.
Noisy throughout the night due to my window facing into the strip clubs.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 14 January 2010

First things first - this hotel is ultra-cheap. For 33 euros I got a single room (WC and shower in corridor) including breakfast, and wi-fi was free. The room was very basic.

It is a very old hotel, and some of the fittings seem to date back to the 1960s. It reminded me of my first holiday abroad in Ostend c 1974! However, it looks to have had a partial refurbishment and it was very clean. Great location, bang in the centre and 5 minutes' walk from the station.

Regarding some of the negatives raised by others - I feel the hotel has been somewhat unfairly marked down for matters it doesn't control: namely the noise from discos, and for the strip clubs.

It may well be noisy at weekends - I don't know - it was fine when I stayed. As far as strip clubs go, these are as much a part of German society as Becks and bratwurst. It doesn't make the area dangerous, but of course if it makes you feel uncomfortable, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank stockmos
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2009

This was once a grandiose hotel, in the city centre. It is now dated, but has clearly been recently re-decorated although basically. The hotel and rooms are clean, we had an ensuite bathroom - the fittings were a little dated in style, but appeared new. Plenty of hot water etc.

The location of the hotel is excellent for a quick city break, you can get the underground straight from airport to a station a few minutes away from hotel. The hotel itself is located within the pedestrianised centre.

The breakfast is good, and the staff are friendly and appear helpful.

The negatives:

The sex clubs and peep shows next door. You will read about these in all the other reviews. They are not an issue, unless I suppose you were travelling with children. There is no seedy atomsphere down the road. I just think people are shocked to see them.

To summarise the style of the hotel managment - the breakfast room has been re-decorated, but they haven't changed the dirty, smoke tarnished pictures. This type of corner cutting is a good example of what I think may be the hotel management's style to running their business maybe. So the I am sure they have one or two rooms like the photos, but lets be clear they are showing you the best rooms, not a typical room.

Everything so far should not be reasons not to stay, other than the IBIS around the corner is probably the same or lower price, and more modern and standardised.

The real deal breaker is the fact their is a nightclub on the ground floor on the hotel. So when we stayed on a Thursday and Friday - There was music pumping out until three in the morning. We were on the second floor, and the base beat was constant and sometimes you could actually recognise the actual songs.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cheshire_Dinky

Travellers are raving about these Nuremberg hotels

Essex
Reviewed 30 December 2008

Hotel was inbetween and opposite live sex shows that were also nightclubs, the music went on all night until 7am. We were three females visiting the Christmas Markets, so not only was the area uncomfortable to walk back to our hotel at night but with the music going all night we did not get much sleep for the 4 nights we were there. The hotel was old fashioned inside and quite shabby .
On a good note the the breakfast was very good

Stayed December 2008
2 Thank robinsonwing
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 January 2008

Being the budget traveler that I am, I don't need frills, only cleanliness when choosing a hotel. I chose this one because of the proximity to the train station and the price but given that there were not many reviews here, I was apprehensive.

Well, I have to say that for the first time in my life I walked out of a hotel because I simply could not stay there.

The hotel is worn, inside and out. I walked in and it took about half an hour until someone showed up at the front desk. During that time I looked around the lobby and the carpet looked like it had dirt from centuries ago and there was a bothersome smell like smoke with dust. I was asked to pay upfront, then I was taken to the second floor where a man was painting all the doors so the smell of paint was unbearable. Mind you, I was 3 months pregnant at the time and the paint smell was the first sign that I needed to leave. But I still went into my room, which was wide open because of the painting, the door had no bolt, which made me feel like I could not really sleep there without fear. I checked the bathroom for cleanliness. Well, there was a piece of used floss on the sink, and the sink itself was grimy. Something told me to pick up the showerhead to inspect it and boy, it was black with mold. I dropped it, walked out of the bathroom, grabbed my stuff and called my husband (I was traveling by myself) to tell him I could not stay there. He tried to convince me after I told him I had prepaid but I told him I didn't care if I lost them money, there was no chance I was going to stay in that dump.

I went back to the front desk and told the clerk that I could not stay there because the room was dirty, he asked if I could go up to show him where it was dirty, I told him he could go check it out himself, that I had had enough. It took one hour on the phone with my husband and the clerk for the hotel to agree to reimburse one night (my German was not good enough to negotiate this with the German-speaking clerk).

I left and checked myself into the Ibis hotel a few doors down, which was was twice the price but blissfully clean and safe.

So, unless you really don't care about cleanliness, the location and price are hard to beat. But I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, ever.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank regalada