“Style, comfort and superb location”
Review of Hotel Schloss Ort

and 1 more site!
Hotel Schloss Ort
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Passau
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This small, secluded boutique hotel may not be for everyone. Situated almost at the very point that three rivers converge (Danube, Inn and Ilz), surrounded by the old town, with many restaurants and most sights within easy reach, we were very happy with our choice and during our short stay. The hotel, and Passau, were still recovering from the horrendous floods of 2013 (watched the clip of the owner being rescued by helicopter on the screen in reception). Rooms and suites are quirky, given the age and arrangement of the building, but very comfortable and stylishly decorated. Both our rooms had electrically adjustable beds (a first for me!), decent-sized flatscreen TV, comfy chairs, and wi-fi. The restaurant was still not open in the evenings (some repair work still needed) but there are plenty within walking distance. Breakfast was extensive and staff attentive and helpful. The carpark is not suitable for large cars (indeed the 'streets' to the hotel are narrow to say the least) but the hotel gave us a note to display so we could park in very nearby public parking).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Passau had the highest flooding for over 500 years in June. This hotel was flooded to ceiling level on the ground floor so it's not surprising the restaurant is not open yet!
The first floor rooms are spacious and well appointed.....and dry!
Location and views great

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YON_FISH
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I say that advisedly, as my star rating is pretty much all about where the hotel is, not what it offers by way of facilities and service.
It is in a marvellous location, truly!
my room was spacious and overlooked the breakfast patio. the river filled the view magnificently, and because of that I find the rest of the hotel difficult to mark.
Again, something i found too often in Europe, the restaurant was not available during my visit, forcing me to a local stablishment of dubious quality.
the room was not modern, nor should it be I think. It had more charm as it was.
Internet was fine for me mostly.
I actually slept so-so, not as well as I should have. Bed issues where the one side had already collapsed as some slts were not in place made me nervous. In the end, I dragged the single mattress off my side and made up a nest on the spacious floor. Much better sleep from that point on.
The facilities seem to be reasonably grand in the dining room and ground floor, declining in modernity and grandness as you near your room.
This hotel was recommended to me by a german friend. I have no doubt he will cringe when I report back.
My three stars are for the location, which was superb. take the hotel from the location and two would be more appropriate.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank HeatherandChris
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I booked this Hotel on the way back from Vienna. I was very dissapointed. The room was very basic and did not have a sitting area. This is a 4* Hotel.

No Internet available in the room. In the lobby you have internet, but it is so slow you still cannot download your E-mails.

The shower was extremely basic and took 15 minutes to get some kind of warm water out of it. The spiderwebs on the wall did not look too appealing either.

The guy behind the counter is very unfriendly and in my opion to stupid to do the job. When he answered one of my questions with: Yeah this is my work spot and that isit, I can't do much for you, steam was coming out of my ears.

This Hotel is overpriced, not up to date and needs desperate new management. Go somewhere else!!!!!!!!

In general I would not book a Hotel in Passau, it is boring, nothing to do and they don't have decent restaurants.

Lot's of elderly npeople that come in by the river boats.

Room Tip: Avoid this Hotel and continue driving towards Erlangen and find a HOtel up there.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank mveen1
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This place was a bit odd - the rooms are huge and have great views of the rivers but it's in need of a newer decor - okay to stay in but nothing amazingly brilliant.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank seal_76
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed 1 night in a nice room on the 2. floor with a view over the river to a palace. The room was fine with a tiny bath, nice and modern decor after many days of Bavarian paraphanelia. Breakfast ok, but could be expected to be better for Euro 120 per night. We ate at the restaurnat for lunch, which looked beautiful and was a popular spot for the locals. We were placed in a dark cornor with no view even though there were lots of empty tables with nice river views. Food was mediocre - and relatively expensive by German standards. Family with 3 kids were placed next to us with crying throughout the meal. The waitress made mistakes serving the wrong dishes and almost scolded us, rather than saying sorry and try to make things up. All in all the town is charming, location ideal, but improvements are needed regarding food and the employees not very servicing tone (I got the impression, that they preferred catering to the locals.)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Birgit61
Reviewed 28 December 2010

We have an ugly experience there, the only visible employe check in us in a dirty room, also the room infront of us was underrenovation (the workers had the tools and material in the hallway) next we spent 3 nights WITHOUT proper heating (we could see our breath during night). When we asked for solution he told us the only plastic 10 by 10cm electric heater was broken. One minute after 10 am the rude "only employe" (front desk, breakfast attendant, etc) denied to gave us more coffee beacause he already clean the pot. "time for breakfast end up 10 o'clock you should come early. If you want to enjoy your stay better chose another place!! We didn't have a phone in the room neither internet.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple