“Basic, but great location”
Review of Hotel Weidenhof

Hotel Weidenhof
Hotel Weidenhof
Ranked #43 of 48 Hotels in Regensburg
Santa Rosa, CA
“Basic, but great location”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past five years. It is a small hotel with a very small lobby. The rooms are small, as expected, but very clean. The TV's are the old tube type with a limited number of channels. The breakfast is typical German, with meats, cheeses, fruit, etc, and you can ask the server for a soft boiled egg.

The people at the front desk are very friendly and helpful.

The best reason to stay there is the location. It is only a 5 minute walk form the train station, and it is located right in the center of the old town. The neighborhood is very quite at night.

There is a small elevator in the hotel so you don't have to carry your luggage up the stairs

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CA_Bill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
DK
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Hotel on the paedestrician street, but acces by car. Parking in a nearby parking house.
Rooms and bathrooms are old, but functions well. Breakfast OK. Best for shorter stays. The old part of Regensburg a short walk from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Kelowna
Reviewed 18 May 2011

This hotel is conveniently located for exploring the old town, and the price for this location is reasonable. If you stay , ask for a room which goes out to the courtyard! A room with windows out to the street proved to be noisy due to some night owls on the street that kept the neighborhood entertained till 3 AM, even though this was a weekday! Good experience overall. Breakfast not included but good.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank CharlotteKelowna
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Stay in this hotel almost ruined my first visit to Germany.
First, when I booked the room on-line for 5 days, they charged my card 80% of the amount. But when I came and wanted to pay the rest of the money for my stay in hotel, they wanted to charge the whole amount from me. When I said that they already charged 80% from my card, they said it is not them, but some internet company, so I have to pay them the whole amount( I booked directly on their website http://www.hotel-weidenhof.de). I was shocked, the manager was so rude, shouting at me that I have to pay, or leave! So I paid in cash, but 250 euros were charged from my card, and I had to contact my bank to cancel this...This was horrible!
Apart from this, the hotel itself is very poor in terms of room quality and breakfast according to the price they charge! The heating was not working; the walls are so thin, that I could hear what was going on in the next rooms toilets: it was just disgusting!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank Tanya_R018

Travellers are raving about these Regensburg hotels

Reviewed 14 October 2010

This Hotel is right in the middle of Regensburg and a handy work to the main train and bus terminals.

We found the breakfast was a bit disappointing for how much it was extra on our room charge, could've eaten out better and cheaper elsewhere.

I found the double door entry to the room really interesting.. have to see it to believe it!

• Stayed October 2010
Yorkshire
Reviewed 3 September 2010

The hotel was a few minutes' walk from the historic city centre, and also from the railway station, so it was convenient for my overnight stay en route from Belgium to Austria. My attic room was rather dimly lit. There was a very nice breakfast buffet. I had to surrender my key every time I went out, which is always inconvenient!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
australia
Reviewed 6 September 2009

I arrived in Regensburg by train and without a hotel booking. I walked down Maximilianstrasse (past the Park hotel which appeared to be far beyond my budget) and the Weifenhof was the next hotel I came to. It had a single room available (with breakfast) for 59 euro (which seemed expensive then and does even more so now that I see from other reviews that the Park was 79 euro (double?).

Staff conservatively friendly.

Bedroom was ok - in the attic with dormer window overlooking Maxmilianstrasse and therefore a bit noisy. Nun-like single bed under the eves, small tv, good bathroom which has in additiion to the regular mirror a small magnifying mirror - good for facial inspection/beauty/shave.

When street noise died down another irregular all night noise took over - I think it may be a bottling plant or a glass recycling plant but very noisy - ALL night.

Breakfast room 80s decor and food very average (tinned fruit salad) but the coffee on the my first morning was some of the best I had in Germany. Second morning not so good.

No public areas other than breakfast room in morning so really more like a bed and breakfast then a hotel.

Conveniently located about half way between Railway station and the Aldstadt.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — noise from nearby
  • Stayed August 2009, travelled solo