I had a business meeting in Regensburg and since my favorite hotel - Courtyard Regensburg - was booked out I was searching for another chain hotel. The Best Western seemed to be a good choice based on the reviews.
The hotel itself is nice and modern - the beds are comfortable. However I had several problems with the attitute and work ethic of the staff there. Maybe it was the holiday shift or new members but I am a really experienced traveller and only rarely see such an unprofessional behaviour.
I would recommend the hotel exchanges the whole staff.
One night we wanted to have a snack at the hotel bar with some beer. After sitting there for around 20 minutes we asked at the reception for a waiter. But nobody showed up. So we inquired for another restaurant and actually were directed to a nice Italian restaurant just down the road. Great food, lovely atmoshphere and nice service.
The internet seems to only work until you need to restart your computer. Then you need to walk (they can't give you over the phone) to the reception and ask for a new code. The ticket system of the garage seems to be broken. I needed at least two tickets to be able to leave with my car. Not really convenient that you need to backup your car, park it again and run back to the reception.
The bar is in the middle of the hotel and the staff does not seem to care some people are sleeping above. So they cleaned the bar in the middle of the night very loud and woke up me and my business partner in the other room. So it seems to be not only me.
What I liked
- modern setup
- parking garage with quite large space
- huge bed
- fast internet
- Clean and quiet rooms (if nobody celebrates above you or makes other outstanding noises)
- Across the Autbahn exit
What I did not like
- Bar staff
- Reception staff
- Breakfast staff
- Noises in the middle of the night
- the football team renting the floor above us celebration until 4am in the morning
- Internet connection (not the speed)
- with measured 80cm x 1.8m the blankets are too small - especially in a 1.80m wide bed.
I probably would not stay there again. I will try to book the Courtyard early enough next time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Regensburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.