“very nice and good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“very nice and good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

this place has great food for very reasonable prices, atmosfere is nice, extensive menu, in summer outdoor seating in a nice historic street

Visited April 2013
1 Thank donrei
meiereinlokal, Inhaber at Meier, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you for visiting our restaurant. I will tell it to my staff and we will do our best for the future.
Stephan Kappl alias Mr. Meier

“An Americans point of view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

I found this little place on a cold walk in the winter. It looked inviting so I decided to explore. This has a lot of typical ambience from Germany , go figure. The waitresses looked stressed and overworked, which I believe led to the extremely slow service. Food was a good presentation and inexpensive as the most expensive dinner item was €15. My German is a little out of practice , so I decided to order some turkey, to see what it was like. I should have stuck to something more typical as it was over cooked. I did order a pretzel soup which was amazing and a first for me! My recommendation would be to give it a try...just an Americans point of view

meiereinlokal, Inhaber at Meier, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Thank you for visiting our restaurant and writing about your impression. I am very happy to have guests from all over the world. I hope i can welcome you another time in our restaurant and i will care about that our service will be faster in the future.
Best regards
Stephan
Frankfurt
“Lovely restaurant a short walk from the old town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

Cross the Steinerne Brücke and continue walking straight to reach Meier's.

The restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating. The interior is made up of a collection of old furniture. Lots of different pieces that contribute to a very welcoming atmosphere.

The menu had a small but interesting selection of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes. I had the risotto, my wife had the trout. Both were very well presented and a delight to eat. There is a very talented kitchen team at work here. We also tried the mousse au chocolat, one of three desserts on the menu.

The service was friendly and attentive, all in all a very nice evening.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

Located in the famous Stadtamhof-district, the restaurant "Meier - Ein Lokal" offers a weekly changing menu card with delicious dishes. I chose an Argentinian Steak, garnished with "Fingernudeln" and baby carrots. It was a good decision! As a dessert I had a "Café au Lait Mousse" which was simply perfect both in taste and visually. The prices for the meals are surprisingly low. I can fully recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Regensburg. Don't forget to make a reservation!

• Visited August 2011