“Great hotel in a historical building”

Eurostars Park Hotel Maximilian
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Regensburg
Heilbronn
“Great hotel in a historical building”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The Maximilian hotel is located in a very nice historical building close to Regensburg main station. It is the perfect basis for a few-day private stay in Regensburg and the sorrounding area. The hotel is only about 5-10 minutes walk from the Regensburg city center with all the sight-seeing hot-spots. The rooms are quite big, equipped with nice and relatively new furniture, bathroom and toilet are separated from each other. The bed and the sleep quality are just wonderful. Although you are in the middle of Regensburg, the hotel is very calm.
The only minor disadvantage is the parking lot, which is very tight and it's not so easy to get
around with todays huge cars.

Breakfast was OK for a reasonable price, directly in front of the hotel you find an italian restaurant which is worth a visit as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Thai first
Brussels
Reviewed 3 September 2012

On the way to Austria we spend a night in this Rococo-style Hotel. Very well situated in walking distance to the Old Town. Nice quite rooms with free WiFi. Nice and helpful staff.

Had alfresco dinner in the onsite Italian Restaurant with good food and Italian wines.
The only weak points are the small parking garage (if you have a large car) and that no coffee/tea making devices are available in the room.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Genopen
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This old majestic hotel, built in the 1890's or earlier (per a painting in the lobby), was wonderful. The rooms were updated, spacious and even had a separate toilet room from the main bathroom (also spacious). The breakfasts and breakfast room, mentioned favorably in other reviews, were delicious and the room in which breakfast was held was gorgeous. The hotel is a stone's throw from the Regensburg Haufbahnhof, so a great location for the train traveler. Everyone in our party of four people (two rooms) was happy with this choice.The only negatives would be that the room had no view to speak of (not sure that any rooms here would have much of a view), and the mattress was hard.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AlabamaAnne
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This is a wonderful hotel! We visited three cities on a recent 10 day European visit, and this hotel was by far the best. Reasons why? 1. Superb location. It is an easy 4 minute walk from the Regensburg main baunhof (good considering we did it in the rain), on beautiful grounds adjacent to a lovely park for walks and jogs (we did both), and around the corner from the best real estate in town, the Thurm und Taxis schloss. 2. It is old, yet modern. The hotel dates from late 1800's (per the date on a painting in the lobby), is updated appropriately with large rooms, large completely up-to-date bathrooms with separate toilet room, 3. Fantastic buffet breakfast in a luxurious room (I'll attempt to add a photo). 4. Price is not extravagant. 5. Free internet. 6. Great location for walking into the old city - can walk to EVERYTHING in this small, medieval town.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AHCMD
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed here in January 2012 and will compliment the dining room and lobby, very beautiful and old world. The room and bed however were average and the room was extremely poorly lit. Also the TV was not working well. Although I didnt go to Regensburg to watch TV I like to watch a little TV before and after I go out. That was a first. We requested a wake up call to catch a plane and never received the call. When we complained the receptionist blamed us. When I wrote an email complaint to the Hotel manager Ms Wetzel, she didnt even bother to respond and offer the slightest apology. Horrible Horrible service. the following is my email to the Hotel manager which she didnt even think was worthy of a reply or the slightest apology. Very indicative of the disgraceful service of this hotel. Regensburg is a wonderful city and makes for a great visit, just not at this hotel. here is my email to the Hotel Manager that was not responded to.........

Dear Ms. Wetzel,
I stayed at your hotel the nights of January 21 and 22. Regrettably I must inform you of a few things that left us completely dissatisfied. The night of January 22 we asked the hotel reception to give us a wakeup call as we had an early flight from Memmingen to Rome the next morning. Our wakeup call never came. When I called the front desk looking for the manager the receptionist politely apologized and stated the manager was in Munich. At that point I felt obliged to tell her about our TV did not work properly as well. She stated the hotel was working on the TV cable system but said she would send someone up. I informed her that is fine but I was in a rush for the airport and she told me she would see what she could do. When I made it to the front desk another receptionist arrived name Sabine. When I told her as well about our problems she began arguing and putting the blame on us stating that perhaps we had our phone off the hook and saying there is nothing that could be done. She was VERY unapologetic and made me feel as if it was my fault that these things occurred. I would not have said much about the TV if the wake up called occurred, but as I understood with the previous receptionist…... there was a known problem with the TV service. I travel often and I have NEVER been in a hotel whose TV did not work and who failed to provide me with a wakeup call. Both of these things together and blaming me for failures of the hotel left me very upset and dissatisfied. Our conversation with the receptionist took place in front of our friend who is a travel agent in Bavaria and she agreed that it was unacceptable behavior to speak with guests in this manner and will think twice before sending someone to your hotel. I loved Regensburg and plan to return and I will compliment you on your breakfast room… very beautiful. Other than that I was very dissatisfied with the above mentioned items of your hotel. As well the room was extremely poorly lit. I would choose a different hotel on my next stay. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank John F
Athens
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The hotel was very well located.The rooms were very clean, big and very well decorated.
The breakfast room was luxurious and the quality of breakfast was excellent. It looks like a 5 stars hotel rather than 4 stars.

Room Tip: Pleasant surprise for a 4 stars hotel.