“Very good”

Hansa Apart-Hotel Regensburg
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Regensburg
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is a very nice place to stay in Regensburg. The rooms are large and clean, the breakfast is good (I did not tried the restaurant ). Very close to the city, about 5mn by car. There is a free car park (underground).

Probably my next place to stay for my future trip in Regensburg.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank trippin35000

Reviewed 8 March 2013

The first impression when arriving at this hotel is "Welcome" The Hotel Manager himself greeted me with genuine hospitality showing me the opulent and tastefully decorated seafood restuarant Seven Oceans. The rooms are tidy and clean and have free WiFi, which important these days. The location near to the main train station is ideal for travellers. City centre can be reached in minutes on foot. Excellent stay, throughly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bhxctu10
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

The bed had a very good mattress so as such this hotel served its purpose. I guess it's right for the price but it offered nothing much in terms of cosiness nor particularly high standards. The bathroom was quite modern which was a definite plus.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank anettethore
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My son and I stayed here for a week when he did the Ironman in August 2011. The hotel was within walking distance of the race start/finish and also to the beautiful historic city center. Many restaurants, shopping and the train station were within walking distance as well. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We were so glad they spoke English as we do not speak German! The breakfast buffet was elegantly arranged and plentiful. The room was clean and comfortable. The weather was unseasonably warm, and without air conditioning, it would have been nice if we could have had a fan to move the air about. The shower did not have a curtain; the “enclosure” only covered 1/3 of the tub length, which is perhaps the European way – but I had difficulty not getting water all over the bathroom when I showered. The laundry facilities were great. Since we were mother and son, they arranged the beds separately and we had plenty of room for his bike and all our gear. I would definitely stay again should I have the occasion to return to Regensburg!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2012

In general i would say it is a nice hotel. The room is spacious, with a wide desk, a wide bed, the bathroom is OK, everything was clean.
The breakfast is very good, many things to choose and good quality.
You can park outside for free. wifi is not free.
The building is nice, in a quite area, but, I would say that the corridors of the hotel need a reformation, new paint, and a new look for the room doors because they look a little bit old-fashioned. I must say that the room furniture is ok, nor very modern, but Ok, but my first impresssion of the hotel, when I saw recepcion and corredors was old-fashioned, I think a renovation of common areas can improve a lot the hotel.
The cost of 1 room for 2 people was 75 €, it is reasonable, although, the hotel is not very near the city center (around 25 min walk).
I think the good price is due the hotel is not in the city center, otherwise the hotel is pretty good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We used this hotel just for one night treveling back to UK from Croatia by car.
I was surprised one double bedroom 90 euros per night and no air condition and no free wifi Internet. This was in August and room was hot. Car park is extra 7 euros but for this money I was expecting air con and free wifi like many other hotels in Europe .
Everything else is good, good location , everyone very friendly, very clean hotel. Average bathroom. Restaurant menu just in German so could not understand what they offer and on the end decided not to have dinner.

Room Tip: If you looking for place to stay in summer time I would look for hotel with air con.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We spent 3 nights in January 2012 (3-6 of January), having 2 standard double rooms and a junior suite, with a good rate for what they offer.
The hotel is in a good location and has a large parking.
The rooms are very clean, in the modern bathroom we found all the toiletries needed, it was warm and nice.
Breackfast is excellent, and the service is very good.
The hotels offers for free, in the lobby, snacks, coffee, tea and some sweets.
The personel of the reception is extremly polite and helpful.
We asked some recomandations for a good restaurant with local food and their suggestion was amaising, we enjoyed a lot.
One of us forgoted the glasses in the restaurant and the receptionist, very kind, offered to call immediatly at the restaurant and to fix the issue.
For sure we'll come back at this hotel, if ever will be again in Regensburg.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends