“Good value, easy, good food too!”

Ibis Regensburg City
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Regensburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Had to spend a night in a clean and comfortable affordable hotel (65 euro for a double room) and this one did its job very well...!!!! The hotel has very friendly staff, a restaurant with very good food ( we were so tired that we took a chance and ate in the hotel and were very satisfied ) parking just behind the hotel although not free...very close to train station and 15 minutes walking distance from city centre...and a mall across the street were we had breakfast the next morning and were able to find a few things we needed! Ps : free internet in the lobby area, tv with international news channels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I had never stayed at an Ibis hotel before and did not know much about the chain. The Regensburg City left me with a good impression of the hotel, itself, and the Ibis chain. This hotel was within walking distance of the train station but far enough away to be shielded from the noise and view of the tracks. And, biggest plus of all, it had excellent air conditioning during a heat wave that tormented the town during out two-night stay in late July. Being across the street from an air-conditioned mall was also a big plus for that time of the year.

The hotel was simple, clean and attractive outside and in. The reception was friendly and professional, as were the rest of the staff. My only disappointment with the staff was that no one was able to advise us about buses to the Old Town; we ended up using taxies, which turned out to be a cheap mode of transportation, anyway.

I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the place. It was much cleaner and better maintained than some much more expensive places I have stayed in. We requested and received a no-smoking room, which, again, unlike some places I have stayed in, did not have a trace of cigarette smoke. Little things like that me a lot to my wife and me. Speaking of little things, our room was among the smallest doubles I have ever had. In part, that was because of the large, comfortable bed, which took up two-thirds of the room, so I cannot object too much.

The only other drawback was that I could not get wifi to work on my iPad and eventually gave up and used my iPhone to keep up with the news. For a few minutes use a day, that was not a big deal for me. In fact, the cleanliness and comfort of the place, and the AC more than offset the little drawbacks I mentioned. Not only would I consider staying there again, I will consider Ibis hotels in other towns in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roy S
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The staff manning the reception and bar were always very helpful and friendly. The rooms and the hotel in general were very clean and equipped with air-conditioning which was very welcome in the heat this summer.

There was a good choice at breakfast and the internet in the rooms was fast, even though you had to pay for it, it was a reasonable price. WIFI access was however free in the hotel lobby.

All in all a pleasant stay. It was my first time staying at an IBIS hotel and I will definitely stay in one again should I have the opportunity.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank deffers90
Reviewed 22 July 2013

we stayed for 2 nights. 10 minutes walk from the old city. The room is a typical Ibis: clean and well organized. Bed comfortable and good shower. Parking is 7 euro per night. Breakfast is a bit expensive but there are plenty bakeries just outside the hotel. Friendly staff. good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Titta61
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We arrived here right from the station after coming from Munich Airport. The location is second to none as it only takes five minutes to reach from the platform! It is also handily located for the city centre. The staff were friendly in checking us in and allocated us a nice quiet high-level room. We were delighted with the room as it was cool, airy and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spotlessly clean. Our only problem was the free wifi in the lobby, which wasn't working on any of our devices, so after a quick word with the receptionist, she kindly provided us with a 24hr access code which even covered our room for free. We would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you are travelling by train.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way further south. Nice and clean, friendly staff, typical (modern) "Ibis" decor and breakfast (10€). Located at a busy intersection, so ask for a room away from the street. Parking is 7€. A large shopping mall and the central station is just across the street. It is 10 minutes from the beautiful old city centre with loads of restaurants, shops and biergartens (and 1km from the river Donau). I will most likely stay at this hotel again if in the area.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have been happy with my experience at Ibis Hotels and Ibis Regensburg was also a nice one. Clean hotel, friendly staff. I would stay at Ibis Regensburg City again if I re-visited Regensburg.
I am giving it 5 starts not because it is awesome but because it is really good considering what I had to pay for it. There is nothing wrong with it, but if you are looking for some luxury you should choose another hotel..

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends