“recommendable hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
Pilsen
Reviewed 5 February 2011

very good hotel, only breakfest is not excellent (I woudl expect broader selection of food and of higner quality). The same can be applied on the quality of coffee during the breakfast. But when I had no time for breakfast, I can forgive that :-)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Ibis Regensburg City

Reviewed 5 January 2011

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2010

The location of this hotel is very good, close to railway station, there is also bus stop. Price is ok too. But the reception lady is not friendly and very proud, she doesn't care guest's requirement and say something make you sick. I've never met such case in other hotels, therefor I will choose another hotel next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank gawu_70
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Not too much to say really about any Ibis, you get what you expect, small but functional rooms that are spotlessly clean, and friendly efficient service, but no frills. This hotel met all of my expectations. Its maybe 10-15 walk into the centre of the old town, which was absolutely fine, and the hotel is very close to the Hauptbahnhof, so convenient if you are arriving by train, as I was. There is also a large and modern shopping mall, just over the street from the hotel, linked by a walkway into the station. The centre of Regensburg was very busy on the saturday night I was there (due to a jazz festival), so I was quite pleased to be in the Ibis, a little bit away from the crowds. Overall no complaints at all about this hotel, I recommend it for anyone staying in Regensburg.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I and my friends have stayed there four times, hence the title of this review. It's an Ibis, so is reliable and clean. It is quiet, and the reception staff are very helpful. The railway station is near, and there is a massive modern shopping centre (including supermarket for the provisions) across the road. Across the road in front of the entrance is a super German pub/restaurant where we often eat. Breakfast at the hotel is very good.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2009

We chose the Ibis Regensburg as we had difficulty finding any other suitable hotels in the mid range category that were fairly central to the old town and the railway station which we required.

The Ibis is close to the railway station about 300metres. Reception staff were not very helpful, were unfriendly, they ignored us for sometime while having a heated discussion with a fellow countryman of theirs.

We were provided with room 320 as we had again requested a non smoking room. The room we discovered was in fact a disabled room with a fully functioning disabled bathroom etc. We did not seek to change rooms given the attitude of the staff when we checked in.

My partner and I both felt insulted and humiliated at being put into a disabled room the bathroom was cold and clinical as most disabled bathrooms are. The bathroom particularly the shower floor and wall tiles were not clean there was mould present and the floor need a good scrub to remove bodily oils and grease. We wondered what the hotel would do if a disabled traveller checked in. We had paid full price for our accommodation and thought our being placed in a disabled room was poor practice.

The room had basic furnishings, no refrigerator, electric jug, safe etc and like other hotels in Austria and Germany smelt strongly of stale cigarette smoke which was in all the soft furnishings and the bedding. The smell was so strong in the pillows that it was unpleasant to sleep on them, the second night I placed a towel over the pillow to try and stop the smell it didn't work.

I discovered that I had sustained a number of insect bites on my legs which became slightly inflamed and bled from chafing on my trousers, they had to be treated with a cortizone cream to clear them up. I believe that they were flea bites, they werent bed bugs however that is irrelevant.

The slats on the bed base came loose in the night and I woke up with a sore back and hip from having slept in an unorthodox position as a result.

We chose not to eat in the restaurant or have breakfast as it was overpriced and I had already decided that I was not going to give them any more money given the state of the room and the staffs attitude on check in.

I would say that it definitely wasn't a pleasant experience and at best it is a transit or business hotel. I would not choose to stay with the Ibis Regensburg or for that matter the Ibis chain as a result of this experience.

I could not recommend the Ibis Regensburg to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A-Wildgoose
Reviewed 6 September 2009

This is an Ibis, so no romance, elegance or anything else, but the hotel was well situated literally right next to the railway station (tip: go out the correct exit and you don't have to cross the bridge!), everything was clean and worked. There was even free internet access down in the lobby (possibly wifi too but we didn't have a laptop). Had air conditioning. Breakfast was not included in the price, you could pay if you wanted. Everything in the city is within walking distance, and the hotel was in an excellent spot to start from.

The hotel had the slight feel of a brightly packaged mass-produced product, but there were no real complaints.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple