“A characterless hotel within easy walk to the city centre”

Star Inn Hotel Regensburg
Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Regensburg
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

The room was OK, but it took over an hour for me to connect to the Internet. I paid extra to stay in a business room as I had to do some work whilst away; all proved very difficult and frustrating. Friendly staff, but I wont be staying here again. Over priced and sole less!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Whenever I go to Regensburg, I like to stay at the Star Inn Hotel. The staff is friendly, rooms are big enough, modern, and clean without any disgusting carpets. I also like the breakfast buffet on the top floor - the coffee is awesome, and you can have as many refills as you want. It's location is excellent within walking distance to the beautiful historic downtown, great shopping opportunities, restaurants, cafes, and a 3 minute walk to the train station. The bathrooms are a little bit small, but that would never keep me from always coming back.
At the end of my last stay, when I had to leave at 5 AM, the night clerk serving the front desk was so kind and made me fresh coffee to go without any charge.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sunflwer11
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Stayed at the Star inn from the 3rd Feb to the 8th Feb on a business trip and found this hotel to be very friendly, clean and hospitable.
It's location is only minutes from the city center and the railway station is just across the bridge so exploring the area would be a dawdle if only I hadn't been working.
Would be great to come back for a holiday although eating out would be a must as the hotel only does a breakfast (very good buffet, I may add) and limited evening bar meals. Drinks prices were very reasonable and the bar was quite well stocked.
The rooms were very clean and well serviced, towels changed and bed made every day, toilet a little small but shower was superb with no waiting on water to heat up.
As I said this would be a great wee hotel for a holiday and may start looking at that for next year.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rbrews
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This hotel was quite a surprise. The room was excellent, and the staff very friendly, all for a very low price. It's located next to the main railway station, but it's not noisy. It has easy access to the city center, and has parking available at additional cost. The only downside is that internet costs extra.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My car was broken, so i had to find a place to sleep nearby. I found this place, where the receptionist said they have no room, then I asked my brother who checked this information online. Turned out that was a lie, Booking.com showed to him, that there is plenty of empty rooms. We had a reservation afterwards with the price 49€/night.

After all this surprisely they could provide shelter in this obviously empty hotel, but they fool me again with asking 59€ from me for the night.

I had a conversation about this at Booking.com, after it the hotel sent back the 10€ difference.

At the hotel I had a room, when i heard all the voices from the trainstation nearby, all the informations which train goes where, etc., and the trains as well.

I would like to ask the management over there, if this kind of manner is profitable for them or when the whole place is standing there empty. It happened 5th of February between 23:00 and 23:30.

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We're on halway to home and we're very sleepy, so we need immediately a room in the middle of the night. At first we went another hotel, but nobody opened the door .Fortunately we find the Star Inn Hotel. The receptionist was polite and spoke english well. The room was not too big,but it was nice, and clean,the bed was also clean and very comfortable. In the bathroom was everything what you need ( the towel was also clean,white), but in the shower cabin was a little bit black mushrooms spot.
In the morning I saw we 're next to the railway station, but it was not noisy.
So I think this hotel was nice with good prices and good location(not too far from the motorway).
Next time if we need a room we "ll go back to the Star Inn Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I have recently stayed for 2 nights at this hotel, I found it clean and tidy and it’s in a great location only 5 minutes walk from the train station, and about 10 / 15 minutes from the town centre.

This is a ‘no frills’ budget hotel but is friendly and a lot quieter than its location would suggest. The facilities are basic, no tea / coffee in the room, no hair drier, no English speaking TV channels, wifi is available but at a small cost. Breakfast is adequate and plentiful, and the bar by reception is well stocked.

As always you get what you pay for, and I found this hotel good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends