“Set your expectations”

Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Regensburg
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Set your expectations”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed at the B&B Regensuburg for one night on a trip cutting across Europe. It was east to find and close to the highway, so good for those with a car stopping through. And it's relatively close to the city center, you can take the bus or a quick car trip in to town and Regensburg is a lovely town.

The hotel itself was fine, no frills of course. We booked a family room, and the price was right (around 90 eur). But the rooms were tiny, we barley fit into the room. I should have set my expectations lower, but I thought if it was a family room, there would be enough room for 2 adults and 2 small kids, but we were squeezing past each other and barely could one bag into the room. They also did not have a baby cot for my 1 year old, which should be a standard. Otherwise, the rooms were clean, the service was good and as above, the location is good if you're passing through town. Overall, the value was good, but you need to know what to expect -- a very budget feel with tiny rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank margitarcher

Midlands, UK
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Used this hotel for a one night stopover during a lengthy drive.

Clean, well designed, free onsite parking, WiFi connection, good breakfast, comfortable beds, good sound insulation.

It doesn't purport to be The Ritz - but if offers good accommodation at great rates.

I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

An example of continental naming of businesses without truly understanding the English origin. B&B means bed and breakfast right? Same here only breakfast is an additional Euro 7.50 per person.

Whilst I liked the modern look and feel of the hotel and perhaps because I can sleep anywhere, I thought it was okay. But kids in a neighbouring family room found the beds uncomfortable. The shower cubicle smelled badly (I checked, it did) and the room was for them stuffy.

Positive points, good edge of town location with accessible free parking. Wifi worked well but with a ridiculous registration system (same as at Bahrain airport) where you have to provide your details and mobile number to receive an SMS code to input. Hello, the reason I want a WiFi connection is because my phone costs too much to roam with!! Stupid beyond belief. That said, the system does not work and logs you on anyway! Bureaucracy of the type that says worrying things about a country and how it understands the use of the Internet.

When we mentioned the smelly room, the very nice owners offered us a refund which was more than acceptable.

Breakfast really was not worth Euro 7.50 - kids and wife all thought it was the poorest value and selection we had on trip - very basic continental. I would suggest that this chain (a) includes breakfast in price to align with the chain's name (or what name implies) and reduce prices byat least 25%. This was the worst value hotel during our eight day trip to Germany and Austria which took in Guest Houses, Chain Hotels and quirky individually owned properties.

Overall verdict - could do better really at these prices.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dannymcl
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2012

In April 2012, I rented a car in Frankfurt with Sixt (the best deal then) and drove through Germany, Austria, Slovakia (Bratislava only) Slovenia and Croatia for 25 days. I stayed in 20 hotels and spent an average of 72 Can/US dollars per night, which is way cheaper than the prices in Canada and USA. Based on this experience, I will rate those 20 hotels.

SEVENTEENTH REVIEW: B&B HOTEL, REGENSBURG, GERMANY

Although not located in downtown Regensburg, this hotel is a great bargain for a short stay, only 48 euros a night. The hotel looks very new. The room was very clean and functional, with good wifi, which is not that common in many hotels. Free parking too. Very helpful staff. They told me about the free parking in downtown, which saved me a few bucks, if I just parked the first place I saw. I guess you can take public transportation easily, too. I would recommend it and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lucia G
Gouda, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Traveling recently from Croatia to the Netherlands we decided to take a break half way. The B&B Hotel was the perfect choice. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised with the hotel, the rooms were perfect, clean, convenient, the breakfast (at an additional 7,5 euros) was abundant, the coffee was even good (I am picky about my coffee) The hotel has free parking, free wi-fi, you can check in at any time of the night. The price was, for all the hotel offered, very reasonable. I also have to say that I really like the interior design, it is simple but by no means bare. I would not recommend it for a prolonged stay as the rooms are small and there are no amenities, but for short stays I highly recommend this hotel.
A lot of thought has gone to the overall functionality of this hotel, and it is definitely a place we will be returning to. Well done B&B Hotel Regensburg!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Sofia
Reviewed 13 December 2011

+ Very clean. Nice design of the rooms. Free and fast WiFi. Free parking. English channels on the TV. Air-conditioning.

- B&B means 'bed AND BREAKFAST' in most parts of the world, the 7 euro/pp additional charge for the breakfast was a surprise. No restaurant, as expected for a 3-star hotel. No mini-fridge. The beds are cheap, I could feel the springs with my back. Only one 220V socket in the room, we couldn't charge our phones and use the laptop. It is not immediately clear how to unlock the outside (use your room door code).

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Roskow
Moscow
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We occasionally had found this hotel upon late arriving to Regensburg by car on
Friday night.
Ibis was fully occupied, but this one had free rooms. And it is closer to the
historical centre!
Clean room was very comfortable for family with 2 kids, had
pleasant WC and douche. The common impression - the Cleanness.
And the great thing - the car parking at the hotel is free.
There is bus stop right near to the centre but we used our own car.
Can't say anything about breakfast - we didn't take it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family