“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Regensburg
Flic En Flac
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Brilliant location in the centre of Regensburg, close to good shops and good restaurants, with a really nice courtyard in which to sample the beers or eat out, or people watch. But what makes this hotel a notch better than most is the friendliness and "can do" attitude of the staff. Great place to stay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rswooding

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here for 3 days and the location is just amazing! It is in walking distance of the Dome of Regensburg and the staff was just amazing! Unfortunately I arrived when Germany was playing in the world cup and all the roads were cut off due to the celebrations going on. I was quite frustrated when I arrived at the hotel but Mr. Brash was such a lovely person and his attitude and friendliness made me completely forget about all the hassle I had been thru in getting there!
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone! It was 11pm when I finally settled in and although the restaurant closed down, Mr. Brash still offered me a glass of wine in the comfort of their hotel lobby/dining room where I relaxed on a couch and read a novel.
I cannot rave enough about it!
Parking was free as a hotel guest and I can come and go as often as I wanted during the day!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Luisa S
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights in order to explore the town (should have stayed longer) and the central location was just perfect and they even had parking for our car. The courtyard is a delight to have supper in on a warm evening! Our room was nice and spacious and the breakfast was excellent. It is a family owned and run Hotel and the staff were all very nice and helpful - we could not fault it. The Dom is just around the corner and we went to a lovely organ concert one night which we would recommend if there was one to go to. This is an old Hotel with plenty of atmosphere.

Room Tip: We had a room from the glazed in passage which overlooks the courtyard in the old part, it was great...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Carole D D
West Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I visited Regensburg for a business meeting and was pleasantly surprised to find the place was crammed with the kind of buildings and culture that make you want to return again.

My ever budget conscious company booked me into a bijou room which was perfectly adequate for my needs, but I would recommend spending a little more money and getting a nicer room if visiting for anything other than business. Having explored the local area on foot, we stopped in for drink at another Hotel called The Goliath, which looked like more of a business trip hotel as compared to the Bischofshof.

We had an excellent meal at the Bischofshof that night and received excellent service throughout our short visit. I doubt I would ever had the opportunity to visit Regensburg had it not been for business, but now I have, I would certainly return again but for pleasure next time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is located in the old city of Regensburg, less than a minute away from the magnificent cathedral.
It has a wonderful courtyard that is used as an outdoor restaurant and bar.
The reception clerks' service is wonderful, friendly and helpful, the rooms are large and very comfortable, although an extra chair to sit on would have been nice.
The breakfast is plentiful, and in the dining room, too, the staff are extremely attentive. The breakfast itself is varied, plentiful, the bread and rolls are scrumptious, the jams are a delight and altogether, we ate way too much because everything was so good.

The hotel's location is fantastic, everything is right there, a short hop and a skip away.

In short, I heartily recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ruth M
Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I attempted to reserve through email with the hotel and was sent a confirmation email but no confirmation number. Upon arrival, I found out I did not have a reservation for a suite, but with Linda's help, I was able to secure a room. This was one of three minor snafus I had during my two night stay. The suite was one of the best I have stayed in throughout my travels, recently-renovated and well-equipped, quite palatial. Very little noise on a Thursday and Friday night, bed was comfortable. One of the nice touches is an HDMI/USB port connected to the television. You will find that at the far end of the work desk. The volume on the remote control to the television in 108 did not work, and staff were up in the room within 15 minutes to try and correct it.

Breakfast downstairs was ample with a wide-array of choices. The breakfast staff was efficient and kind, and quick to help.

Parking in the garage was harrowing, for some reason AVIS Europe always rents me the largest car/SUV they have, so getting down to the lower level in that behemoth without scraping the side mirrors was a chore. Don't forget to hand over your parking ticket to the front desk when checking in to make sure you get the 12 eur/night rate.

The hotel's location is excellent, well-connected to everything in Regensburg. Thank you Linda and Antonio for your help during my stay, I appreciate it and will see you in October with my wife and daughter. You are both shining stars and assets to Hotel Bischofshof.

Room Tip: 1) If you park in the garage, take your ticket with you to hand in to the front desk at checkin. 2...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank GuyverII
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice staff, very tasty beer, and fantastic food. I recommend to order 1/2 pork neck. Very delicious even is not light food it was fantastic. The garden is very quite, you can relax after meal. We don't stayed in this hotel but next time we will definitely stay there.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple