Hotel Bischofshof am Dom
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
St. Georg(Regensburg)
US$169
US$162
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Castle Hotel Regensburg(Regensburg)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$105
Travelocity
US$119
  • Restaurant
Dock1(Regensburg)
US$103
All reviewsgreat hotelfantastic gardenam domold townnice breakfasti highly recommend this hotelno elevatorroom was largeparking garagehotel is locatedexcellent locationthe rivercourtyardcathedralsuitebellscity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Brilliant location in the centre of Regensburg, close to good shops and good restaurants, with a really nice courtyard in which to sample the beers or eat out, or people watch. But what makes this hotel a notch better than most is the friendliness and "can do" attitude of the staff. Great place to stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rswooding
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here for 3 days and the location is just amazing! It is in walking distance of the Dome of Regensburg and the staff was just amazing! Unfortunately I arrived when Germany was playing in the world cup and all the roads were cut off due to the celebrations going on. I was quite frustrated when I arrived at the hotel but Mr. Brash was such a lovely person and his attitude and friendliness made me completely forget about all the hassle I had been thru in getting there!
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone! It was 11pm when I finally settled in and although the restaurant closed down, Mr. Brash still offered me a glass of wine in the comfort of their hotel lobby/dining room where I relaxed on a couch and read a novel.
I cannot rave enough about it!
Parking was free as a hotel guest and I can come and go as often as I wanted during the day!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Luisa S
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights in order to explore the town (should have stayed longer) and the central location was just perfect and they even had parking for our car. The courtyard is a delight to have supper in on a warm evening! Our room was nice and spacious and the breakfast was excellent. It is a family owned and run Hotel and the staff were all very nice and helpful - we could not fault it. The Dom is just around the corner and we went to a lovely organ concert one night which we would recommend if there was one to go to. This is an old Hotel with plenty of atmosphere.

Room Tip: We had a room from the glazed in passage which overlooks the courtyard in the old part, it was great but there was a little traffic noise during the night which most rooms would probably have too being centrally located.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carole D D
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I visited Regensburg for a business meeting and was pleasantly surprised to find the place was crammed with the kind of buildings and culture that make you want to return again.

My ever budget conscious company booked me into a bijou room which was perfectly adequate for my needs, but I would recommend spending a little more money and getting a nicer room if visiting for anything other than business. Having explored the local area on foot, we stopped in for drink at another Hotel called The Goliath, which looked like more of a business trip hotel as compared to the Bischofshof.

We had an excellent meal at the Bischofshof that night and received excellent service throughout our short visit. I doubt I would ever had the opportunity to visit Regensburg had it not been for business, but now I have, I would certainly return again but for pleasure next time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is located in the old city of Regensburg, less than a minute away from the magnificent cathedral.
It has a wonderful courtyard that is used as an outdoor restaurant and bar.
The reception clerks' service is wonderful, friendly and helpful, the rooms are large and very comfortable, although an extra chair to sit on would have been nice.
The breakfast is plentiful, and in the dining room, too, the staff are extremely attentive. The breakfast itself is varied, plentiful, the bread and rolls are scrumptious, the jams are a delight and altogether, we ate way too much because everything was so good.

The hotel's location is fantastic, everything is right there, a short hop and a skip away.

In short, I heartily recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family