“The Cuckoo Clock Factory”

Drubba Clock & Gifts
Ranked #2 of 11 Shopping in Regensburg
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“The Cuckoo Clock Factory”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

It was a fun experience going to the Drubba Clock & Gifts while staying at Black Forest. They have a fantastic collection and I must appreciate their fine craftsmanship. I liked the part where they demonstrate how it is made as it was pretty interesting to know how the concept of cuckoo clocks came into being. Since I was advised against buying the original cuckoo clocks because they generally do not function properly in warm climatic regions, I went for a battery operated one for my home. But to my utter dismay that too is not working for me. But just because it's so pretty to look at, I have left it hanging in my drawing room just as a showpiece.

Visited July 2013

Leesburg, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“nice clocks, dolls, ornaments etc.we were referred by VIKING River cruise that we were on. we were on the Danube river t”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We enjoyed this clock shop on our Danube river cruise on Viking. We purchased a small clock that has the sound of a bird tweeting then an echo cuckoo, I love it. It looks like a chalet with a girl on a swing. They had a nice collection of clocks! I purchased some doll's and Christmas ornaments. There were so many nice things. When we got home to hang up and start the clock it would not work! I sent an email to Drubba to ask them what to do! They got back to me right away. There was a switch that protected it in transit. We did what they said and just love my little clock.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank frogFlorida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Cuckoo clock”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I had been looking forward to coming to this place , after researching clocks. This was Saturday and they had a Christmas market and the area was crowded, I did watch the demonstration of making of the clocks. The staff was very helpful in my decision of the clocks.our previous stop several people bought cuckoo clocks cheaper, but the staff explained they were probable made not in that area just a copy. The only disappointment I had was , though the sales lady made sure when I got the 2 clocks, there was toy clock and she wanted to make sure it worked. Unfortunately when the clocks were rung up, I was charged the higher amount times twice. By the time I realized the error, my bus was leaving. I tried contacting the company , but everything is Germaine, and website not English friendly. My lesson is no matter how good of a company/ reputation it has, I should of not felt rush , since sales person was dealing with numerous others. Also I wish I had shipped them home, but was not offered it. Other then that, area had several places to see -glass and food. It was nice. Got to see the clock chime and figurines come out.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Becky V
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“They mailed me the wrong clock”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We were in Regensburg and ordered a clock to be mailed to us. It came early, but it isn't the one we ordered. I am so sad. It's just a clock, but it meant more to me and my husband.
He collects clocks and this was to be my clock. I was very particular and asked the girl to
make sure it was the one we pointed to on the wall. We will never have a vacation like that one on Viking Cruise and I will always see the clock we bought and didn't receive in my mind.
It had a boy and girl kissing on the lower right, a blue water wheel on the left. I have the receipt and will try to contact them, but I don't speak German and I doubt very much if my time will
be rewarded. If it is I will update here.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Lynn98198
Ontario
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Ultimate German Souvenirs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

We visited the store in Regensburg, and just loved the variety and quality of souvenirs and crafted items that were available - clearly, I didnt have room in my luggage for everything that iI admired. You can get cuckoo clocks, beer steins, Xmas ornaments, miniatures, glass, jewellery - all of it good quality and reasonably priced. Staff were very friendly and helped us locate specific items. Its across the street from the Old Stone Bridge, and the famous wurstkuch'l, where you can get a glass of wine or beer if you have any money left after leaving Drubba's!!

Visited September 2012