“Good value and great location.”

The Kaiserhof Hotel
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Regensburg
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I am surprised that the Hotel Kaiserhof isn’t rated higher on Trip Advisor. We found almost nothing to complain about except the inadequate window covering but this was dealt with by my clever husband who rigged up a pretty good cover using an extra quilt, two caribena clips and some string. Aside from that we were quite impressed. Reception staff were helpful, the room was a good size and nice and clean, the breakfast was tasty and plentiful with good coffee and the location was perfect, directly across the road from the Dom (Cathedral), although the bells were loud on the first night but they were suitably muffled on subsequent nights by the extra window covering I’ve already mentioned. The restaurant directly below the hotel has really lovely food and great staff and right around the corner from the hotel is the first of many gorgeous Christmas shops with divine glass decorations and sweet little miniature things. If you are looking for a cheaper and better alternative to the Achat (which I had considered but decided was too expensive) this is it, especially as it is, in my opinion, much better located.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the DOM (Cathedral) have a better view but the bells may disturb you if you're...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank menicci

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We loved this hotel! The staff were so helpful, giving us maps, explaining the sites in Regensburg, even though this was our second trip. My husband and I selected 4 cities to visit in Germany and decided to re-visit this one. WE LOVE REGENSBURG!!! We will return again, and hopefully stay here. The breakfasts were marvelous and the room appeared to be a former chapel. The staff spoke many languages and were always very accommodating. Our room faced the Dom-how lucky can one get? Our room was very spacious, clean, and the bathroom was large!! Lots of room and light. We loved this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the DOM if you don't mind the chimes in the morning.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oldinnorthcarolina
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 11 nights in August 2011. The hotel is excellent, the staff friendly and helpful. The let me speak my unpolished German and answered me in German but were quite happy to speak English to guests who couldn't speak German. I think I experienced the quickest, most efficient check-in and check-out that I have ever experienced here. Our room (41), on the 4th floor (5th if you are American, I think), had a wonderful view of the cathedral. The breakfast room is a mediaeval vaulted hall on the first floor where you can enjoy the excellent buffet breakfast, typical German - cold meats, cheeses, bread, rolls, preserves, fruit, cereal, etc. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Regensburg. One word of warning - the cathedral bells are rung at 6am every morning! It didn't bother me as I am an early riser, and what better way of being woken in an historic city.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Man_of_Kent2003
Reviewed 26 March 2010

Location is important to me and this hotel was right across the street from the Cathedral. Right in the middle of the old town, the hotel is near restaurants and the Danube River (called the Donau in Germany). Room and bathroom were quite small, but that is quite common in Europe. Hote was very clean, No complaints.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randy Z
Reviewed 20 September 2009

Spent one night in Regensburg and loved it. This hotel is right in the center and across from the cathedral. The staff is warm and welcoming. Rooms are clean and average size for Europe. Price is a total bargain. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luggageinhand
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Comfortable, clean room, great breakfast, perfect location and a friendly staff. We had no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zsazsa-stl
Reviewed 3 July 2009

What a top spot in Regensburg - good room and ensuite looking out at the spires of the Dom. Lovely cheerful staff and excellent breakfast. Would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple