“Good business traveller hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Augusta

Hotel Augusta
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Augsburg
Sydney, Australia
“Good business traveller hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Hotel Augusta provides all the needs for the business traveller. It is well located, helpful staff and the room was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. Pub across the road provides great Bavarian meals and beer.

Room Tip: Ask for a double room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
Manchester UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

Large room, clean etc.

Staff were hopeless at the bar. The barman was also trying to check people in and not doing either job very well.

No large towel or shampoo in the room. I think this was an oversight.

Overall I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Augsburg hotels

South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

My company sends empolyees to Augsburg, Germany a lot for various reasons/training and this little nook is our preferred hotel..even the VP, CFO, and CEO of my company stay at this hotel. I stayed at this hotel from Jan. 20, 2013 - Jan. 25, 2013.
I arrived at Hotel Augusta Jan. 20th around 10am on a Sunday - room was ready when I got there. The room I had was one of the smaller rooms on the 4th floor - Room 403. Two twin beds which I was okay with; not ideal if you are tall or above average size person. I loved loved loved this little room. The pillow and comforter was down feather and comfortable enough for me..I melted right into my pillow at night. The bathroom is small as well but it was perfect enough for me. Warming towel rack in the bathroom I learned quickly to keep on low or else you would pass out from a heat stroke. The shower I LOVED. Not much room to move around in there but it was good enough for my stay in Augsburg.
My room was ALWAYS cleaned when I came in from working. The maid even would fold my clothes that I had out on the extra bed ((was kinda weirded by that at first)).
This room was very warm...after a few days I figured out how to control the temperature and most nights I slept with the window open even with it snowing outside..the breeze was perfect.
The front desk was always helpful. The breakfast in the morning was EXCELLENT to say the least; there were so many choices of things to choose from. The waitresses would even have a pot of coffee ready for one of my co-workers for her to take back to her room while getting ready in the morning.
The bar area is nothing to write home and tell mama about but we always had a beer there at night and enjoyed our little table.
Parking is first come, first serve and there isn't many spaces but we didn't have much of a problem with parking.
This hotel is located downtown Augsburg and in walking distance to EVERYTHING. We walked to dinner the entire week I was there..even walked in the snow. Some very good places to eat near this hotel. I would definitely stay here again if I am traveling by myself. I'm not sure how this would work with a family of 4, probably would have to get one of the larger rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Gosford, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

A comfortable 3 star hotel in a lovely town. Good, central location. Friendly staff with good English. Room was large and clean but nothing flash (3rd floor). Bathroom was obviously finishing refurb as the ceiling wasn't painted. Not a big deal and the shower, while small, was otherwise great. Heated towel rack. Room had adequate power outlets. Plenty of wardrobe space but no iron or board provided (by default). 2 large comfortable single beds with a quilt/doona. Too busy to try the TV reception :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve H
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed here for one night and found a very good hotel in the center of Augsburg with walking distance to many sights in the city.
Had a very nice welcome in the lobby and got a very large and clean room with comfortable beds and lots of space to put suitcases etc.
The toilet wouldn't flush, but we fixed that ourselves, arrived very late so wanted to get sleep, otherwise am sure the staff would have been helpful.
The room did not have air condition, which made it very warm, but a fan and the possibility of having a window open to a pretty calm street was a bit helpful.
Very good breakfast included in the price with a lot of things to chose between.
Free internet and the possibility of using a computer in the looby was another good thing about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katarina S
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

The hotel is well located but does not include free wifi in the rooms.
The rooms do not have A.C. but they do supply pedestal fans. Our one broke down and a replacement was delivered to the room.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Parking in front of the hotel cost 10 Euro for 24 hours. The staff recommended that we park in one of the public car parks and they only charge 5 Euro for 24 hours.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Very efficient check in. Pretty standard business hotel rooms. Hotel in a central location with good access to places to eat and in easy walking distance of most businesses. Breakfast room very crowded and service a bit slow.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the back rooms away from any traffic.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business