“Very good”

Ranked #30 of 105 Restaurants in Fussen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We had dinner here one evening. We loved the atmosphere in the restaurant.I would suggest not to play radio station music.Just a suggestion to the owners of this lovely restaurant.

We had the roasted pork and turkey breast with mushrooms.We also had potato soup and Apfelstrudel for dessert.

The food was freshly made and very delicious.Great service.We wanted to return for a second time,but we just didn't have time.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Aquila

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Brilliant!!!

Hi,
Have only just joined Trip advisor after and excellent holiday in Poland this december, I had always meant to join back in May and give this restaurant a great review, but never got round to it, so here I am!

We had a driving holiday in May this year covering 2000 miles and one of the places were stayed was Fussen. And for no reason in particular, chose to walk into this place to get something to eat.

We both ordered steak and had it cooked 'english' (rare). The reason I write this review is I'm steak fan (have had two steaks this week), But this was and still is THE BEST STEAK I HAVE EVER HAD. It was nearly 2" think, about 8"x4" long and so tender I could cut thin slices from it with my knife in a single stroke. The staff were very friendly too and chatted with me about the town.

That was back in May, it's December now and I'm STILL thinking about that steak in Aquila in Fussen. Hence months later after after just joining TA, I've made the effort to write this review and say...

Thank you!

1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 14 September 2013

No atmosphere. Food was terrible. There are better places to eat in Fussen. The salad was OK, but the pork and sausage were dry and tasteless.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Was super tired after touring Neuschwanstein and just wanted to sit, relax and have a nice dinner. Found listing for Restaurant Aquila in Rick Steve's Germany book and decided to try it. Good food, good beer, great service, nice atmosphere, good prices, good portions. It was a nice place to introduce my daughter to standard modern German cuisine.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was the worst restaurant that we experienced in a week in Fussen. The food was not to the same standard as the other 5 restaurants we visited, the lights are too bright, there is no atmosphere and the staff seemed more interested in themselves or mobile phones than the customers. There are much better restaurants in Fussen.