“A cozy place to stay”
Review of Haus Bagci

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fussen
Haus Bagci
Ranked #30 of 40 Hotels in Fussen
Basel, Switzerland
“A cozy place to stay”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had an apartment on the top floor which was large enough to take up most of that level. There was a comfortable living space, a full kitchen (including everything you'd need to make your own meals), a nice bathroom and a separate bedroom. The bed and furnishings were comfortable and the windows let in lots of light. The shower was a nice size, but do watch your head on the eaves.

My only complaint was unfortunate: a large hotel is situated across the road from Haus Bagci. Anyone talking in the courtyard of the hotel - even standard conversations - echoed off the buildings and into the bedroom window. This was disappointing when I wanted to leave the window open at night, but once I closed it, the sound was eliminated.

The noise was my only issue but it wasn't bad enough to prevent me from coming back. Anne, our hostess, was very kind and helpful. She offered us a transit pass and map of the area as soon as we checked in. Note the location of Haus Bagci isn't *in* Fussen, but is reachable by a short walk through a cut through a steep ridge.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boise, ID
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed at Haus Bagci for two nights in the double room. The room was about the cheapest place we found with availability in Fussen and I could not believe the value. The room was clean and beautiful and in a nice location right by the river. It is slightly farther from center of town than a lot of places but it only took a few minutes to walk. The bathroom was probably the largest of any of the places we stayed on our trip. There was no wi-fi, but she let me use her usb cell stick. The double room does not have a kitchen like the apartments, so she brought breakfast up to our room both mornings. We couldn't believe the service. She sounded like she might have been from Great Britain, so her English was perfect. Highly recommended and I would definitely stay here again. Look for signs to Bad Faulenbach to find it easily from the train station.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Absolutely thrilled with our stay at Anne's place. A bit tricky to find because coming from the west in you have to make a right turn before you get to the city center in between two big rocks. Not in the center, but never far from anything. Grocery store only a few hundred meters away. Great area for walks. Boy did we ever walk. Excellently indicated with signs everywhere with distances. Warmly recommended

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank naxosas
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed here with my sisters in May 2010. This was my second visit to Haus Bagci, the first being with my husband on Christmas Eve 2002 (our honeymoon). I returned because I found Haus Bagci to be super clean, super affordable, conveniently located, and run by a fabulous woman who is helpful, friendly, and down to earth.

It can be tricky to find accomodations for three people, but Haus Bagci had the perfect room for us. Our room was spacious, modern and clean and breakfast was perfect. I won't say there are over-the-top frills, but that's okay. It's sooo nice to not have to shell out tons of money for a comfortable room that's clean.

On my first visit with my husband, we awoke on Christmas Day and walked from Haus Bagci to Neuschwanstein Castle. I want to say it was around 2-3 miles. But it was a LOVELY walk and so peaceful. The house is definitely within walking distance of the train station, and while it's not located in the heart of Fussen, it's close enough to walk.

I was referred to Haus Bagci by a friend who was on her honeymoon (they were on a budget like we were). I can't say enough good things about this place. It's so nice to know that a person can travel and find gems like Haus Bagci where you don't have to spend a large chunk of money for cleanliness and comfort.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends