“Superb”
Review of Hotel Christine

Hotel Christine
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Fussen
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Having spent 40 years travelling round the world, thirty flying professionally on long range flights I can say that Hotel Christine is right there at the top.

A spotless hotel in a quiet setting with well furnished and comfortable rooms. The owner was more than affable and very helpful.

With no restaurant it is a short 10 minute walk to Fussen town centre and many restaurants to choose from. Likewise a short walk to the lakeside for a swim, very nice after a day's driving or sightseeing.

Hotel Christine is an ideal stop off to visit the Schloss Neuschwanstein and other centres in the area.

Finally a high note to end with, the breakfast has drawn many excellent reviews from others, they are all correct,

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front have the best view of the mountains and a certain Schloss.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mike k

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Took my father on a trip to Germany and Austria in September, 2013 and it's been great, very helpful and accommodating staff at hotels and restaurants - this time, last time, same with my wife. But sooner or later in your travels abroad you'll run into an arrogant jerk. That is what we ran into at this hotel. I drove up with my father at 9pm on a Saturday night to this hotel. The owner (I can see him in a pic here, and read other not so good reviews about this guy - look at the terrible ratings), answered the door. I asked if my father could see a room (not one hotel anywhere we have been in Germany and Austria gave it a second thought - all of them gave us the key or personally showed us a room). The guys response: "It's a room". In other words, "I'm not showing you anything and WTH do you expect for 100 EUR". So we paid 129 EUR and stayed at Hotel Schlosskrone where we got a phenominal room, great breakfast and the same great service you'll find at 99% of hotels in the 100 EUR plus range anywhere. I did not stay at this hotel so keep that in mind with my review. Looks like other than the above guests are pretty happy. But I would be negligent to not point out a jerk when I see one running a hotel of all things. Also, this is the first time I've ever given a rating below "3" for any hotel anywhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ATL-RES-2012
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I have been travelling in Europe for 7 months. We have seen, and have experienced many unforgettable things (Cote d'Azur for sure). We visited Germany - and the Fussen area in July. The Alpine scenery is spectacular, and the Castles are well worth seeing. The hotel was a very pleasant surprise - an outstanding experience for us. The room was great. Airy, clean and very well appointed - with a balcony overlooking the forest.The individual duvets (on a queen size bed) were absolutely fantastic - so comfortable - and no fighting for the covers. But the breakfast had to be the crowning glory. A breakfast fit for a King - and beautifully presented. Fresh juices, fresh fruits, wonderfully prepare eggs, meats, croissants - I'm salivating just remembering. We recommend highly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrPanther
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My friend/coworker stayed at Hotel Christine before heading to the castles on Saturday. Overall, the stay was awesome. Clean, roomy, and hospitality was great. I think the main tip is to roll with what the owner gives you. My friend and I are both relatively flexible, and were fine with the 10 minute walk to the hotel and the fact that it was an almost two person run B&B. We initially thought we had two double beds in one room, but it was a "king" with two mattresses. We couldn't complain since he gave us what felt like one of the better rooms - VERY spacious balcony with two chairs, a table... we compromised by having one of us sleep on the floor. Done.

Pros:
- Breakfast was delicious and presented well. The cereal coated chicken was delicious. And also, fruits, cheese and bread? Coffee too? It all tasted really good.
- Internet included!

Cons:
- We thought a "double bed" room would be two beds in one room... but it was two mattresses in one room.
- A little further from main part of town (residential area). Not a problem for us since we didn't have much luggage and we are relatively active.

Room Tip: We thought a "double bed" room would be two beds in one room... but it was two mattresses...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Seattle206Pauline
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here during our drive through the alps. This is a very cute place with comfortable rooms, amazing breakfast and owners who take pride in what they do. The only downside is the rooms don't have air conditioners, but it wasn't an issue for us since it cooled down in the evening and it was actually quite pleasant to sleep with a cool breeze coming in through he window.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was the best hotel of our holiday. Every aspect of our stay surpassed expectations. A really warm welcome; lots of helpful information & maps; spotlessly bright clean room with a lovely view from the balcony and a perfect location for a short pretty walk into the centre of Fussen. The most memorabale thing was the beautifully presented breakfast, with meat, smoked salmon and cheeses served on a tiered cake stand in a lovely conservatory looking onto the garden. A lovely place to relax and enjoy the surroundings.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry W
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed here for two nights during the worst storms on record....
You arrive to a warm greeting and a welcome drink.
In your room a plate of treats await you.
The rooms are lovely.
As for the much mentioned breakfast....I feel you will have to go a very long way to find its equal.
You come down to a beautifully laid out table, with freshly squeezed juice, along with additional orange juice.
A lovely example of the service is, I don't drink tea or, coffee so, there was always an extra jug of orange juice waiting for me...
There is a beautiful freshly made fruit salad waiting for you, alongside a yogurt with a delightful topping.
In addition there are fresh breads to go along with the plates of cheeses, salmon and meats.
Just when you think...wow, out comes the cooked part of your breakfast.
I didn't eat the rest of the day !!
There have been a couple of comments about the owners attitude...I found him delightful and helpful.
For me...I am respectful that this is the mans home as well as his business and it is obviously his passion.
As for getting into the town centre, it is a brief 10-15 minute stroll.
A wonderful find !!