All reviewsherr ruppertmaster chefwelcome drinkamazing breakfastbreadresidential neighborhoodbreakfast roomsmoked salmonon arrivalfresh fruithighly recommend hotellovely hotelshort drivesitting arearupertgermanybalcony
Reviewed 12 May 2014

AVOID. AVOID. AVOID. I can't say that enough. The owner of this hotel is rude, mutters to himself and pretends not to speak english, but he can both speak and understand it. We tried to use the little bit of German we knew and were always corrected, not like other places where we had been at least acknowledged for trying. Read the other terrible and poor reviews about this place on Tripadvisor, they are all true (pitty we had only managed to quickly read the good ones when booking this place). How it got such a high rating is very questionable. We only stayed one night and could not get out of there fast enough. This hotel is situated within the residential area of Fussen, about a 5 minute car ride into the town. We picked this place based on its price, but do yourself a favour and pay the extra to stay somewhere else. The hotel is clean and presents well but the owner had such poor personal skills it was uncomfortable and embarassing. Either he does not like foreigners (we are Australians) or hates his job. Take your pick but certainly don't pick this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Mirah2
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My boyfriend and I spent a few days in Germany and had read wonderful reviews about Hotel Christine, so we checked it out. We couldn't have been more pleased. It was clean, very charming, great rooms and a tasty breakfast. Check it out - great location, close enough to all the goodies Fussen has to offer but far enough off the path to enjoy some beauty and quiet. We loved it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katy R
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel Christine is a small boutique hotel run by the owner Kurt who met with us upon our arrival, providing us with a welcome drink. The rooms are very clean and reasonably modern. The included breakfast is great with high tea style cheeses, cold meats and smoked salmon. Hot food changed on the second morning from corn flaked chicken fillet to pancakes and stewed apple- both very tasty.

The hotel is located just out of town in a residential area but is only a 5 min walk into town.

Overall we were happy with experience and would return again.

The Only downside was the wifi service which I would not bother with.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2013

A very nice bed and breakfast type of hotel. We had a very pleasant stay there for a couple of nights. November is very quiet and we were pampered by the owner. The room was modern and very comfortable, the breakfast delicious. The place is very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Hotel Christine was a great stay in Fussen! When we arrived we were greated by the owner who was very helpful in giving us maps, tips for what to see, and how to get downtown. Just be sure to be friendly with him and he will be friendly back. I feel we had the best room in the hotel- I think it was room number 6, but don't mark my work on that. The room had a very large balcony which was a great view of the mountains. (Ask for the room with the large balcony- actually where the sign for Hotel Chritine is written on the outside wall). My husband and I enjoyed our later afternoons drinking beer provided in the room on the balcony looking at the beautiful mountains. The hotel is a very short and easy walk to the downtown area- very safe at night. Personally I felt the rooms were simple, but they were clean. There was some noise that could be heard in the stairwell at night (people coming/going) but I am also a very light sleeper. Finally, the best part of the entire experience was the breakfast!!! We were in a rush due to our reservations with the castle but I wish we had more time to really enjoy the atmosphere and fantastic spread at breakfast! Make this a must!!!! Overall I would highly recommend Hotel Christine and would stay here again.

Room Tip: I believe the room we stayed in was number 6 but it was the one with the largest balcony...request this room if possible! Fantastic! No elevator so if you have a lot of luggage request lower level room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple