“Good Location and Comfortable Rooms”

and 1 more site!
City Apart Hotel Fussen
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Fussen
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were two families (4 adults in one room and 2 adults in another), and we selected this hotel. We were impressed by the spaciousness of the rooms and the location of this hotel. We found parking nearby (actually about 2-3 city blocks) for 7 EU per night. This was an underground parking lot and was easy to reach with luggage to and from the hotel. The rooms were large and well laid out. We got a great night's sleep. The breakfast is 6.90 extra but well worth the cost. We had wide assortment of hot and cold dishes. Great coffee and hot chocolate machine was a hit for us as well. Next time we are visiting the castles in this area we will stay here again. It was only a 10 minute drive from the parking to Nueschwanstein Castle.

Room Tip: We were in room 5 and it was huge!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jdmckay

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This little hotel was absolutely fantastic. Newly remodeled, it had tasteful and modern decor, was VERY clean and the staff, particularly the receptionist Cherokee, was very helpful and kind. I had a small 2-bedroom apartment, which was perfect for my business colleague and I. And it was perfectly located to stroll around Fussen and then visit Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. Just a quick bus trip away and lots of buses coming and going. Lots of nice things to see in Fussen, and it's a darling town. Great restaurants and cafes too. Our only regret was that we only had one night at this great hotel instead of a week. It was so comfortable and delightful.

Room Tip: if you like to feel like home, get one of the apartments. there are one and two bedroom apartments...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 365Kate
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We live in Germany so are aware of possibly no A/C in Summer or stairs to climb with luggage. Small rooms and odd decor can be the norm so we were very happy with this modern hotel. There were a few stairs to climb but the rooms were perfect. The second best I've had for that price in all of Europe. Why? Size was larger than usual. The beds were fantastic. Everything was new and felt clean. The bathroom had a great blow dryer with diffuser. The drapes were thick and completely blocked the light which is always a peeve of mine. We had a separate room with door for our son and small living room space with table and sofa in between. Water pressure was good. WiFi was good as well. Location was perfect. You are in the old town and right next to the parking garage. We parked in the garage next to Netto market which made it easy to get to the hotel by passing through the narrow lane next to the Kebab restaurant you see when you exit the garage. I gave 4 instead of 5 stars because I think breakfast should have been included or at least less expensive. It was a great breakfast but for a few euro less I would have felt happier.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank mommoves
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed two nights at the City Apart Hotel. The room was nice but the bed/pillows were very uncomfortable. There is no lift so you have to carry your suitcases up the stairs. Breakfast at 7.50 euro was value for money. If I stayed in Fussen again I would not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Torana2
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. The breakfast was a fairly good deal and the reception staff and breakfast staff were most helpful with the numerous questions I asked. If your stay for several days ask fir the Füssen card. I only knew about the card from Füssens webpage. You get free bus transportation and a some discounts to attractions. I was not aware of the 10 euro deposit but I received that back when we left. Would definitely stay again!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chache47
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have many reviews under my name and traveled to many places. I only give reviews based on what I see and how I sleep while visiting a property. At first I thought the CityApart was a descent place to stay. We stayed here for three nights while visiting Neuschwanstein Castle and surrounding areas. I was told when I made my reservation I was to be on the first floor. When I checked in I had to walk from street level up 20 stairs to get to the reception then another 20 stairs to get to what they call the first floor. In US terms it would be the third floor and in Europe the second floor. I specifically asked for a first floor room due to the fact I have just gotten my leg out of a cast and am using a cane to walk. The journey up those 40 stairs daily to get to my room was hard.The room was spacious and was decorated in IKEA like furnishings with a balcony. A clean bathroom was a plus even though the shower was a standard European Tiny one.The hotel was a tough to find down a non drivable street so we had to park 4 blocks away in the car park for $15 euros per day and hike to the hotel. (They tell you it is just a short walk). We were however allowed to drive to the door in the early morning to pick them up. The breakfast was a ok and had eggs and sausages but cost 6.90€ per person. Our problem with the hotel was that upon check out we were informed that we had placed a dent in the furniture,(the size of a Euro coin) where the luggage goes and were forced to pay the 40€ to buy a new stand. The girl at the front desk called the manager for me to explain to him the problem and it seems to me she was trying to convince him I had really done the damage. I assumed from the little German I understand that she also was a cleaner of the rooms and did not want to be blamed for not reporting the problem earlier. We are 2 ladies in our 50's who absolutely did not damage anything as we took pictures of the room when we checked in and there was damage already done to the furniture. We have it on film. This makes me wonder how many others have been charged for the same thing. The manager of the hotel had such a bad attitude he would not even consider refunding our money even though we tried to tell him we had pictures and tell him the spot was caused by a previous guest. I would not recomend this hotel just because of the attitude of the manager and the girl working the desk that morning. She was screaming at the manager over the telephone that we had to pay the bill and was very accusing of us. I also did not like the fact that the parking was so far away and the room had so many stairs to access. There was also no advantage of staying there as all the stores close early and most of the restaurants did too. I will never recomend this hotel to anyone and warn as many as possible to check your bill and take pictures of the room and furnishings upon arrival to avoid this terrible hassle we endured. Also report any damage no matter how small to the front desk ASAP or you will be charged.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank tracy8358
Metin O, Manager at City Apart Hotel Fussen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We are very sad to see that you have decided to falsely accuse us on Tripadvisor for your actions. As you have many reviews you should have known better that this is not helpful at all for travelers nor does it increase your credibility. On the contrary, it sheds a whole different light on your previous ratings when knowing the facts:

With regard to the elevator, it is common in Germany that smaller hotels are not equipped with elevators. Especially in Füssen's historical downtown, more than 90% of the hotels/buildings are under a preservation order, where no elevators are allowed. You were informed about the fact that our hotel is not equipped with an elevator 4 months before your arrival.

As far as the damage is concerned, it was not the suitcase stand that you and your room partner destroyed; it was a table which was damaged heavily. Your claim that a previous guest or the housekeeping ladies could have caused the damage without being noticed is absolutely not true. There is an intensive check, especially on furniture with documented and signed checking lists on every check-out. In case of damage, several pictures are taken and dated like it was done after your check-out. These pictures not only show the damage that you have caused, but also the wooden chips around it, which states clearly that it was a recently caused damage. When you were informed about the issue and that the checking lists do not show any damage before your check-in, your explanation was that you had your trousers laying over it all the time during your stay (3 days) ?!?!?

It is simply a lie that you informed the hotel management or the reception about pictures that you have made on your check-in that prove that the damage was already there. Why would you take pictures from a previously caused damage in a hotel room and not informing the reception about it?

When the hotel manager was explaining to you that replacing the table would cost 80 EUR and we only charge you 50% (40 EUR) as a good will gesture, you were complaining about the amount of money and threatening with bad reviews. You were ready to pay 20 EUR. So why would you suggest to pay anything for something that you haven't caused???

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I reccomend this hotel especially families.

The room with kitchen is much more convinient than I had expected.
If you have little children it may hard to look for food and places to eat suitable for children.
However if you stay here you can cook whatever you like.

The location is also good.
Less than five minutes to Fussen Station and near the hotel there are many shops including one supermarket.
If you would like to cook everything you need is there.
And the bus stop to Neushwanstein is also near.
(But the bus doesn't come so frequently, so be careful.)

And the woman arranged so we could leave there earlier than the regular time in the morning on departure day.
She was so kind and told me how to sight-seeing Neuschwanstein and the village.

The only weak point is that there is no lift.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family