Aktiv-Hotel Schweiger
Central City Hotel(Fussen)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$133
Hotel Filser(Fussen)
US$166
US$161
Ruchti's Hotel und Restaurant(Fussen)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$234
US$223
US$148
  • Restaurant
Hotel Restaurant Alatsee(Fussen)(Great Value!)
US$103
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Fortunately we were only booked into this hotel for one night as the room was a horror. We booked a double room through Expedia for August and were shown to a room with a single bed and a fold out stretcher. I stated that we had paid for a double room and at the very least we expected two single beds. We were then shown to another room in the attic which was even worse.
I told the receptionist we had paid approximately 118 Euros and she sneeringly told us that we were in a room worth 99 Euros and Expedia had ripped us off for the balance and there were no more roo\ms available.
This was an unfortunate experience as the rest of the hotel looked very nice and we had a wonderful dinner in the restaurant that night.
I thought of taking this up with the manager the next morning but was sick of the arguing and figured that at that stage nothing could be done.

Room Tip: Look before you buy
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We have only stayed one night at this hotel, therefore cannot comment on any treatment facilities.
The room was a nice size, with small twin beds. Bathroom was ok, looked a little like a hospital bathroom, I guess a lot of reconvalescent guests use this hotel. Breakfast was good and plenty, the location is not central but quiet and a short walk from the town centre. As one would expect, the average age was very high, I would not recommend it to young, fun-seeking people.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I traveled to Fussen for the marathon and picked this hotel based on price and advertised amenities. I would give it 5 stars, except the advertised internet connection was not available at all. "Problem with the internet provider", I was told.

But the staff were very friendly (in English), the room was good-sized, clean, comfortable, and mostly quiet except occasional guest walking down the hall talking. But you get that anywhere you go. I had a good sleep and in the morning they accommodated those of us running the race by serving early breakfast which looked wonderful, although I couldn't eat much before the race.

I had to check out before the race, but they offered to let me come back and use the sauna and shower afterwards which was really great after 42 km!

I would definitely stay here again, and Fussen is a lovely town to stroll through.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Powel C
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Hotel is clean tidy and the stFf are very helpful. Don't stay in a room with velux windows, the torrential Bavarian rain will keep you awake at night and then as you eventually nod off Dr Swheiger's early morning patients arrive and start doing their calwathenics outside. Brochure doesn't mention that his medical practice is part of the hotel. Does have good wifi though!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 1 May 2010

We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly and our room was comfortable. The hotel is walk of about 10 minutes from the town centre via the river. A good base to explore the castles of King Ludwig II. The hotel had a steam room, sauna and small pool. Do not expect wild nightlife in Fussen. You will be disappointed.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple