“wonderful stay and great service”
Review of Landhaus Kossel

and 1 more site!
Landhaus Kossel
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Fussen
“wonderful stay and great service”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My mother and I stayed here while on our European Castle Tour. Our room was very nice with a kitchen, living room, and two bedrooms. It was by far the nicest and most spacious room I’ve stayed in Germany. The room isn’t modern but I liked the traditional, cozy feel it had. The service was great too. They helped bring our bags up and down, showed us how to work the TV, and gave us great directions. The breakfast selection was humongous too included hot and cold foods. Everything was very yummy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aulucy216

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this property as part of an organized group tour (which I usually don't partake in but accompanied my mother so she wouldn't have to travel alone)* Now having the benefit of experiencing the area and being able to compare competing properties in the area I would DEFINITELY NOT stay here* You're much better off selecting one of the many beautiful hotels that are located right on the lake with stunning views* This hotel is located a few blocks from the lake so there's no view and unfortunately the entire property is surrounded by horse/cow stables so forget having any pleasurable time on the balcony connected to your room since all you'll get is a lungful of horse or cow manure* What makes this a place that I wouldn't recommend to anyone aside from the mediocre rooms (worn out) is the unfriendly unwelcoming and unaccommodating attitude of the owner/manager* She was universally unpleasant to everyone in our group and in fact became an ongoing joke among us* It was actually quite entertaining how sour she was storming around and coming across as painfully annoyed anytime you made a request or posed a question* If you're interested in surrounding yourself with pleasant people and a service oriented environment when your on holiday then DON'T come here* You work hard for you vacation so don't waste your time and hard earned money at this establishment* I personally prefer to support businesses that actually provide good service* The entire group is dumbfounded regarding why this woman chose to go into a business that requires her to interact with people and tourists* Bottomline - patronize one of the other lovely establishments which line the lake as you'll be happy you did

Room Tip: Tip - Don't stay here - select one of the much nicer and friendlier establishments along the lak...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank globetrekker88
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here on our visit to Fussen...We were arriving late at night so I phoned them and informed them and they said they would leave our keys outside......I honestly didn't understand where she said she would leave the keys so once we arrived we found our key sitting outside on the bench and the front door open....Our room was spacious and had a sitting area....we enjoyed every bit of our stay.... stunning and quiet area and we look forward to returning

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We loved the room and the location. No problems there, but the lady who talked with us on the property when we checked in told us she would come to our room "in twenty minutes" but she NEVER showed up. There was not a language barrier as I am a German speaker. About an hour later I went down to the office and was "greeted" by a snotty little twit who handed me a tourist survey about the area and the info about their WiFi....but the WiFi did not work in the building we were in. We were told we could use it in the main building, but who wants to do that! We had breakfast the next morning and it was outstanding. The lady on the intercom was serving the breakfast. The office is only from 0800 until 1200 daily. She did not want to deal with my payment then and we were going to Neuschwanstein the next day. We had already decided to not have breakfast the second day of our visit and left before 0800 . On the day we checked out the twit was on duty and had materially miscalculated our bill. After some gnashing of teeth and her failure to listen she finally discovered the error I had initially pointed out. The long and short of this is be prepared to be dealing with them only between 0800 and 1200.....but the trade-off is spending the night in extremely fine rooms on a lovely property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Roger D
Virginia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here for seven nights as part of our Castles and Christmas Markets tour. We had a spacious one-bedroom suite with a balcony and lovely view. Everything was clean and well-kept. Breakfast was excellent, and the breakfast room was sunny and bright with windows looking out to the mountains and lake. After a day of touring, we were happy to come back to our "home away from home".

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LillaVirginia
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Quiet, relaxing, clean, tranquil, large room, idyllic setting. Stayed there while on European Castle Tour. Smaller shower than I'm used to. Excellent breakfast. We enjoyed our stay and it was nice to come back to such a relaxing retreat after a full day of touring!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights as part of European Castle Tours Christmas Markets Tour. Our stay took place in early December, so it snowed nearly every day and added to the charm of this hotel. This is almost a bed & bfast type of place, but has large suites where you can cook small meals if you like.

Located in the Bavarian countryside, this place has amazing views of the Bavarian Alps and is situated in the very quaint town of Hopfen am See. We truly loved our stay at Landhaus. The rooms were large and very clean. We had Suite 8, on the 3rd floor of the main building. It had a large bedroom with a king-esque bed, a small kitchen, small bathroom and a large living room with a deck that opened up to the south-east. The room was clean and we found house keeping did a very nice job making up the room each day.

The breakfasts were fantastic. I'm not sure if they were extra fantastic b/c we were on a tour, or if its the standard fare. Every day there were delicious meats, cheeses and croissants. Also freshly prepared eggs and bacon, and some delicious coffee.

The staff at this hotel tries to keep out of your way. Our encounters were very friendly and respectful. Given we spoke limited German, and they limited English, there wasn't much more of an opportunity for much more.

As for guests complaining about service, toilets, manure, or the church bell, I personally think they're hard to please spoiled American idiots. I'm an American, so I feel like I can say that. This place is in the German countryside, where a lot of the landowners share their homes with a barn-type structure. So its not uncommon for cows to be living amongst people, so yes there's going to be manure/smells. The hotel does their best to keep the property clean, but they can't control animals, or the lifestyle of the region. If you're going to be bothered by this, I would recommend staying in nearby Fussen or not leaving Munich. As for the church bell, well yes, its a problem at 6am b/c it rings long and loud. However, given that this is the countryside, I suspect its some sort of traditional waking of the town. If you can't get back to sleep, I HIGHLY recommend taking a walk up the road out of town and catching the morning sunrise, or enjoying your beautiful surroundings.

Room Tip: Room 8 is very nice and shares a nice balcony facing the Alps and the courtyard. Take a walk into th...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple