“A well located and good hotel”

Hotel Fischer am See
Ranked #23 of 40 Hotels in Fussen
London
“A well located and good hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We spent on night at this hotel on our way to Italy. We had a warm welcome and a spacious room with a balcony overlooking the lake. The restaurant is very good and there is outside seating. Spotlessly clean and good garage accommodation. Breakfast was plentiful.
We would have stayed for two days if we had known how nice the hotel is

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be a good size but do ask for one overlooking the lake, wonderful views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

We booked it for one night just to visit the castles in Fussen, but we liked the plase very much, changed our plans and spent one night extra.
Rate is not cheap but I live in very big and crasy city, so I was ready to pay and enjoy magnificent place.
I choose Hopfen because made conclusion that Fussen (the nearest town to castles) is overcrowded with tourists, and it was a good idea. Road between two towns takes only 10-12 minutes driving through beautiful alpine meadows.
We got room at ground floor, view to yard. Room was very clean and nicely furnitured. Bathroom is comfortable, dowble bed is ok. The only one thing that disturbed me - they have very light curtains in room, so both days I started my morning at 6 a.m. with my eyes wide open :-)) I'm a light sleeper, but my son isn't, so he sleeped until late. Place is very quiet. Narrow road separates hotel from the lake, traffic is light.
Breakfast is tasty and fresh, we had it included to rate, I didn't find any hot dishes exept boiled eggs, but I saw some guests took menu, so probably they serve something else for extra money. But for me and my kid those ammount of food is enough.
They provide free parking place in bit underground garage. Be careful driving your car out from garage to street, turning angle is hard, I scratched my car's right side, and saw a lot of marks on wall, so I guessed many drivers did the same :-((
I think hotel is owned by family. Not everyone speaks english, but at least one girl and one man do it freely.
Hopfen is beautiful place to walk and ride a bike, and for relax near lake, and I was very glad I choose this town.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Phylomela
Soquel
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We just stayed at this hotel. It is actually located in Hopfen am See, a small village on Lake Hopfensee. It is an easy 15 minute drive to Castle Neuschwanstein and a much nicer location than the hotels near the castle. It is located right on the lake and many of the rooms have a gorgeous view of the Alps and the Lake. We really enjoyed sitting on our balcony watching the birds on the Lake. The service was friendly and accommodating (they upgraded our room without us even asking), the breakfast was very good, and they have a free parking garage so that we didn't have to worry about finding a spot. Good wifi too! The town is delightful: not touristy but with a number of nice restaurants. There are lots of hiking trails including one that goes around the lake. We would come back here in a second and relax and use it as a base for touring Bavaria.

Room Tip: The lake view rooms are worth the extra money!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed 25 January 2011

My husband and I stayed here over Thanksgiving for a weekend getaway. The hotel is pet friendly (10 Euro extra/night). Room was cleaned daily. Plenty of space. Spectacular views!!! We even got an upgrade to a lake-front room. My husband enjoyed the attached balcony for smoking. Breakfast was excellent and the staff knew us by name. The receptionist even took a picture for us that I used for Christmas cards. Along our walks we noticed there are many summer/water sports to partake in. You can see Neuschwanstein from a lake-front room at night. Great view of Alps!!! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Absolutely not worth the money charged. Along with sister property Hotel Geiger, these properties need serious renovation and not even close to amount of money charged. Our room was not what was reserved as to class guaranteed. Also, cleanliness and room smell big issues and nonsmoking room definitely not nonsmoking. Staff and front desk extremely rude and defensive. We cancelled well before deadline after we noted above and are contesting bill with credit card company as they still charged us. We checked into Hotel Bergruh and this was absolutely wonderful and what a contrast! (separate review)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple