“restaurant”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Harburg
Fuerstliche Burgschenke Harburg
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Harburg
“restaurant”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It is well worth a visit.We chose not to drive and walked up the path from the village below taking in the beautiful scenery.The restaurant was well worth the climb.Decor ,food and beer was great.and can recommend

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Markbetty

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We found this place by accident when we needed a place to stay while traveling the Romantic Road. What a fantastic accident this turned out to be. Yes, the furniture may be a little dated, but the whole place seems to be lovingly kept up. Plus, you are staying in a CASTLE, so how could one complain! Everything was clean and comfortable. We got the room in the tower. The bedroom was in the circular tower above what used to be a prison cell. How awesome is that? After dinner we walked around the castle grounds and had the whole place to ourselves. It was like living in fairy tale.

We ate in the restaurant for dinner. Even though it was late and there was a wedding party going on, the staff sat us and provided excellent service. The food was great. I normally don't eat meat, but I did here and enjoyed it. The breakfast that came with our room rate was also very good. Everything tasted fresh and good.

We took the castle tour first thing the morning of our departure. We were the only ones there since it was so early. Our tour guide had a little trouble with English at times, but was so nice and knowledgeable that it did not matter. She obviously cared a great deal about her job and the castle, and the tour was a joy. We were provided with English language information sheets that explained things anyway. As we were finishing our tour, we noticed many people lining up to take the next tour, so I think they may be quite popular later in the day.

I loved this place so much that I would fly all the way to Germany again just to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kamieberry
banbury
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Just south of Noerdlingen on the Romantic Road lies the little town of Harburg, overlooked (I quote the Lonely Planet guide to Bavaria) by a 'humungous castle' - and the LP wasn't exaggerating one little bit. Tucked away into one corner of the castle courtyard is the Fuerstliche Burgschenke Harburg - or the Princely Harburg Inn, to give a translation. It occupies the building originally used by the Prince's castellan, who looked after the castle when his master was living in one of his other properties.

It is, basically, a restaurant with rooms: clean, welcoming and typically German. The food is first class and, once again, typically German, and the restaurant was humming with happy diners (most of them locals, always a good sign) every evening we were there. Our room was on the top floor - a long way to have to carry a suitcase, but one has to accept that lifts weren't a big thing in the 12th century - and it was clean and comfortable, if a bit on the small side. Frau Singwald showed us the tower room, which another reviewer has commented on, and it really is scrumptious; next time we are heading that way I shall try to book it. We arrived at the start of a fierce heatwave - temperatures up to 39 degrees - and (being right at the top of the building) we were pretty well broiled our first night there, we didn't mention the heat to anyone, but when we got back the following evening from a trip to Dinkelsbuehl there was a fan in our room - now that's what I call service.

Germany is not the place to visit if you're a vegetarian, but taking that into account the food was very good of its type and the staff were friendly and helpful. If you are driving down the Romantic Road, or planning a holiday in the area this is one of the best places to stay, and certainly the most atmospheric.

Room Tip: The tower room is fantastic.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

If you are a fan of 70's decor ,heavy pine furniture,patterned wallpaper with a border and artificial flowers then this is the hotel for you. The bathroom was extremely small but perfectly clean and functional , however it has been many years since I have seen a shower curtain and not a screen.
The staff were very accommodating and pleasant ,the beds were clean and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant and the food was good local fare well cooked. We would probably not stay there again as we would rather pay a little extra for surroundings more ambient for us but as a budget ,no frills,one night stop over it fits the bill. The hotel is in part of the castle but the inside of the building does not have that feel unless you count the crossed swords randomly displayed on our bedroom wall.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Helston, Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was one of our favourite places to stay on our driving tour of Austria and Germany. We booked the tower room, which was well worth the extra cost. The breakfast was plentiful and we ate one evening meal which was also very good. You park inside the castle and it is lovely and peaceful when the day visitors have gone. We were very lucky to be the only ones on the first tour of the castle, so we were treated to a comprehensive tour in English by the excellent guide. Normally the tour is only in German, but if this is the case you obtain translation sheets.

Room Tip: The tower room is really unusual
1 Thank TonyR50
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Just back from spending 8 days in Germany and 8 days in France. This was by far my favorite place we stayed on our trip. The reason why is quite simple, you are sleeping in a castle. The room was very comfortable and clean. I spent most of my time walking around in the courtyard and around the castle walls. The day of our leaving we took the tour of the castle which I thoroughly enjoyed. The tour was in German but our guide was very helpful and after showing the rooms to the others she would pull my wife and I aside and share information with us in English. For anyone who enjoys history I would highly recommend staying here. I’m almost certain we were in room seven. It was on the top floor in the corner of the building. I would recommend this room because it gives you great views of the courtyard.

Room Tip: I’m almost certain we were in room seven. It was on the top floor in the corner of the building. I w...
1 Thank Nathan S
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My husband booked this accommodation so I did not know what to expect. He told me that we were staying in a castle and I had my doubts about the authenticity of it. I was thrilled to find that the castle was a legitimate castle dating back to the 1100's. The rooms are not still in castle style- they have carpets, regular bathrooms, etc. The exterior of the castle as well as most of its interior has been preserved and I would encourage you to take the tour to see it all. It was fascinating. I was very happy we stayed here. Plus the view of the courtyard was awesome!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harburg
NH Kloesterle Noerdlingen
Landgasthof Weberhans
Landgasthof Weberhans
#1 of 1 in Muendling
Hotel Gasthof Zum Straussen

Been to Fuerstliche Burgschenke Harburg? Share your experiences!