“Outstanding home made food!”
Review of Spaetzle-Schwob

Spaetzle-Schwob
Ranked #72 of 114 Restaurants in Rothenburg
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Utah
“Outstanding home made food!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here with our group of 10 for the night. We decided to try the restaurant. It is in the middle of spargel season. The spargel soup was amazing! We had all different plates and none were bad. Very friendly and charming. Our waitress was even from the US! Probably some of the best food we had all trip.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank barkman24

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Excellent food yet again!”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This was our third stay here (see gastehaus review) and third dinner as well. When booking our room we were asked if we wanted the 3-course € 15 meal. I replied asking about the menu (which hadn't been decided yet). We agreed we'd discuss when we arrived, which was what we did. The owner asked what we'd like to have and I suggested spaetzle with pork tenderloin and cheese sauce baked in the oven. "No problem" was the answer. Started with a beef broth soup with strips of noodles/pancakes, had the pork/spaetzle, and our choice of desserts. All were great. Dinner for four people with plenty of liquids as well was € 84.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank travelmeisteren
Munich, Germany
“Didn't live up to expectations.”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We decided to eat at this restaurant based on the reviews we read here. The location is excellent, very central. The lady who served us was friendly, the décor attractive in a rustic style, but the food was really just average. We also felt just a little uncomfortable as we were the sole guests for a while and then just one other couple, residents of the guest house, came in. The cook went home at 8 p.m, meaning I couldn't have the dessert I fancied when I asked at 8.15 pm! Not the experience we'd been anticipating; we left early feeling rather flat.

• Visited December 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best German food we had ALL Vacation!!”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This was the best dinner we had while traveling through Germany, Austria, and Czech Republic! Don’t let the outside fool you. We had a problem finding it because there are no signs from the street. Classic rustic Bavaria charm fills this restaurant. The Weiner Schnitzel and Pork Knuckle are outstanding! We tried to go back on Wednesday, but we were sad to see them closed for the evening!?!
Pros: Outstanding food, low key, great prices
Cons: Not open on Wednesday?

Visited October 2011
Woodinville, Washington, United States
“Eat here”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My wife and I, having grown up in german families, were looking forward to great spaetzle in Germany. We had found some at a few places in Munich and Garmisch, but it was nothing to write home (or in TripAdvisor) about -- at one place it was more like bad fettucini than spaetzle. Then we went to Spaetzle-Schwob. My wife, daughter and I each had a different plate that featured their Spaetzle. It was wonderful. Plump, tender, bite-size pieces of perfectly cooked spaetzle in very nice sauces -- my daughter had a cheeze sauce (german macaroni and cheeze), my wife had mushroom, and I had the rindsroulade.

But, the beyond the great food, here's the amazing thing...
We left the restaurant and walked around the town. About a half hour later, the waitress/proprietor found us walking in the market square. She handed my wife her purse (with our passports and other important items) that my wife had unknowingly left at the restaurant. Although it's a small town, she must have been walking all over the town to try to find us. We were so appreciative.

So go their for the great Spaetzle and be sure to thank the waitress for us.

• Visited August 2012