“Great Spaetzle!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Spaetzle!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We decided on this Restaurant for dinner as my wife is a huge Spaetzle fan. Given the name of the Restaurant we had high hopes for really good spaetzle dishes and they were certainly met. A relatively small Restaurant the service was excellent as were the meals. We had four different types of spaetzle dishes and they were all delicious. If you haven't yet tried spaetzle or you are already a fan of this pasta this is not a bad Restaurant to try various dishes made with it.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank MKosche

Wadsworth, Ohio
“Love this place, once again.”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have visited Rothenburg 4 times now. On only one visit did I not go to this little restaurant. Such a cute little place just off one of the main streets. My son took me there on my first visit to Rothenburg about 10+ years ago and I get nostalgic about it every time. Traditional decor, which I love. I had the Kasespaetzle which was great. I have developed a taste for that since this visit. Portions were enough for lunch for me. The other dish Maultaschen Champignon was enjoyed by my step daughter. All in all, if I am lucky enough to make it back to Germany again someday, I will go back to Rothenburg and to the Spaetzle-Schwob.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Sally S
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Who can resist Spaetzle”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I've only had spaetzle a few times. It was fun to get the different versions. We sat on the street and enjoyed our meal at this cozy restaurant.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank meandros
Utah
“Outstanding home made food!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here with our group of 10 for the night. We decided to try the restaurant. It is in the middle of spargel season. The spargel soup was amazing! We had all different plates and none were bad. Very friendly and charming. Our waitress was even from the US! Probably some of the best food we had all trip.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank barkman24
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Excellent food yet again!”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This was our third stay here (see gastehaus review) and third dinner as well. When booking our room we were asked if we wanted the 3-course € 15 meal. I replied asking about the menu (which hadn't been decided yet). We agreed we'd discuss when we arrived, which was what we did. The owner asked what we'd like to have and I suggested spaetzle with pork tenderloin and cheese sauce baked in the oven. "No problem" was the answer. Started with a beef broth soup with strips of noodles/pancakes, had the pork/spaetzle, and our choice of desserts. All were great. Dinner for four people with plenty of liquids as well was € 84.

• Visited February 2013