“Nice, basic food, good value”
Review of Spaetzle-Schwob

Spaetzle-Schwob
Ranked #78 of 116 Restaurants in Rothenburg
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The restaurant itself is nothing to write home about - basic and not much atmosphere, on the night we went in; but pleasant service. The choice of food was pretty good - the staples in restaurants in this town! We had:
Weinschnitzel - pork steaks (2) with a light wine gravy, served with rosti potatoes and a side salad. The pork was thick and juicy and the gravy delicious. The rosti was more like hash browns, out of a packet, and the salad, although a good mixture was absolutely drowned in dressing.
Wiener schnitzel with spatzle and "sauce" (that's what it said on the menu!) - pork steak coated in crispy crumbs, melt in the mouth spatzle and a small amount of gravy. It was very tasty, but maybe needed more sauce. It also came with a drowned side salad!
For this and 2 drinks, it came to E30 - a bargain!

There are newer reviews for Spaetzle-Schwob

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Took my twin 12 year old boys here for a weekend getaway (I'm a US Soldier stationed in GE)?Had three different pork dishes, all w/ spatzel. Everything wonderful. It is a small, family run, venue. Definitely will return.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I remember the 'Spätzle' my grandmother made - and the 'Spätzle' at this restaurant have nothing in common with them.

We had the two different dishes and everything was far below my expectation.

1  Thank HONkiev
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We decided on this Restaurant for dinner as my wife is a huge Spaetzle fan. Given the name of the Restaurant we had high hopes for really good spaetzle dishes and they were certainly met. A relatively small Restaurant the service was excellent as were the meals. We had four different types of spaetzle dishes and they were all delicious. If you haven't yet tried spaetzle or you are already a fan of this pasta this is not a bad Restaurant to try various dishes made with it.

2  Thank MKosche
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have visited Rothenburg 4 times now. On only one visit did I not go to this little restaurant. Such a cute little place just off one of the main streets. My son took me there on my first visit to Rothenburg about 10+ years ago and I get nostalgic about it every time. Traditional decor, which I love. I had the Kasespaetzle which was great. I have developed a taste for that since this visit. Portions were enough for lunch for me. The other dish Maultaschen Champignon was enjoyed by my step daughter. All in all, if I am lucky enough to make it back to Germany again someday, I will go back to Rothenburg and to the Spaetzle-Schwob.

3  Thank Sally S