Hotel Herrnschloesschen
US$231
US$170
US$176
  • Breakfast included
Mittermeier Restaurant & Hotel(Rothenburg)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$244
US$131
US$157
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswelcome drinksister restaurantturn down servicesenior suitegolden applezur hollgreen leafglass of sparkling winebeautiful gardenfree mini barhotel restaurant was closedfour seasonswhisked awaysmall hotelthe entire stafflarge bedroomhighlight of our trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our stay at Hotel Herrnschloesschen was the highlight of our trip to Bavaria. The hotel is wonderfully located and very elegant, our room was stylish and extremely comfortable, and all the staff were charming and helpful. Our lunch in the beautiful and peaceful garden was memorable.

Margaret Wilson

Room Tip: We had the junior suite on the top floor (Room 8).
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret W
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. Great hospitality of hotel staffs made us comfortable and very happy. We cleary remember their nice services, welcome drink service at the garden with a precise guide for Rothenburg town, valet parking service, charming facilities in the guest room with and heart-warming message and sweets, real hot meal service on request at the breakfast, and many other amazing services. The most wonderful experience we had at the hotel was a dinner in the beautiful garden. We love it very very much!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I booked this hotel because of the good reviews from Trip Advisor. I was hesitant at first since this is our first time in this place and no one was available to asked and confirmed (at least). We are a family of four and I booked the Junior Suite hoping that it's going to be big enough for us. We had a long drive from Munich airport to Rothenburg and were all very tired. Right after we parked the car in front of the hotel, Fritz was very helpful enough to help us with our luggage (big luggages), true to their good service from the moment you arrived in their hotel. We were offered (by Marita) a welcome drink while they're processing our check-in record in a very lovely Guest's receiving area. We were surprised that they upgraded us to a bigger suite, which was soooo lovely and this was very much appreciated. All staffs in the hotel were accommodating, and yes the past reviews in the Trip advisor were so true. I picked the right hotel,quite, good wifi connection, best service (not to mention the pile of laundry I gave and charged me with a very minimal amount), good breakfast and very good location. Tourist attractions, shopping areas were just few steps away. You will love walking at night, join the Nighwatch Walk at 8pm, it's really fun. A big Thank Yous to the whole staff of Hotel Herrnschoesschen, you made our first stop in Germany lovely and very memorable.

Room Tip: I didn't had a chance to see all their rooms but for me Executive Suite was the best with balcony facing the garden.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jamila-Jamil N
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Everything at Hotel Herrnschloesshen went beyond our expectation.
Their professional service started soon after we booked via the website from Japan before three month of our arrival date . We received a quick & kind response from them to our request mail. We stayed the hotel for 2 nights in July 2014. After a gentleman kindly picked us up to the station, a well- mannered lady with fluency in English welcomed to us with a glass of wine in the splendid garden. Thanks to her hospitality , we could relieved the weariness of the journey from Japan. As soon as we entered our Double deluxe room, the quite high sense of interior naturally melting in ancient building captured us. We had a surprise present when we come back to our room at night. Light was on. There were a message card with delicious chocolates on the desk . All food for breakfast is not only hot and fresh but delicious. They have a great sense in tableware . We really enjoyed eating . We have only one regret at the hotel. It is that we missed a chance to have a dinner at the hotel, which is ranked as No.1 restaurant in Rothenburg according to a survey. It is closed on Monday and Tuesday. But we ware able to visit Zur Holl, which is the oldest restaurant in Rothenburg and the present manager of the restaurant seems to be same with one of the hotel. The restaurant made me feel as if we slipped back in time to the medieval age. We really enjoyed the dishes. Especially a spit-roasted meat and vegetable is so delicious and the arrangement of the dish is so impressive.
The hotel faced the main street with very popular site " Kathe Wohlfahrt" , restaurants or many kinds of shops .Only three miunte walk leads us to Marktplatz from the hotel. The location is very convenient. The staff is very friendly , kind and attentive. Their hospitality reaches down to detail.
Hotel Herrnschlosscen is one of most fantastic hotels in many hotels (including Japanese hotels which are known for the hospitality) we have ever had. We strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who plans to visit Germany.

Room Tip: Double delax room on the main street
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eternal-happy-family
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I really loved this Charming Boutique Hotel. The moment we arrived, we were very welcomed...we were asked to relax and having a glass of champagne & were given a map & explanation of the old city. I offered my passport & they said they didn't need it. (I love how trusting the people of Old town Rothenburg-so refreshing). We were shown to our room, car was parked for us & luggage brought up.

The Butterfly suite was beautifully done. Very clean, love the decor, plenty of space & conveniences. Sweet note & turn down service with truffles.

Fantastic location, wonderful recommendations. Included breakfast was top notch. Service/staff is really great! Every single person was a delight.

The main reason I could not give the hotel 5* is because our room did not have air conditioning. We left the windows open all night (otherwise it was really roasting) but come 6a the sun & people (room on front street 2nd floor) woke me up & was unable to rest well. This is all personal preference & I do prefer it colder than most people. I also am a light sleeper otherwise the sun/people may not have bothered.

Otherwise, I am so glad we decided to make Rothenburg & Hotel Herrenschlösschen a stop on our journey. Top notch service-top notch.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple