“Wet sunday in Rotheburg”

Hotel Reichskuchenmeister
Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Rothenburg
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chesham
“Wet sunday in Rotheburg”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Had a very good meal with the family on a very wet and windy day in Rothenburg. The restaurant was very family friendly and the waiter was especially good with children. Food was hearty and delicious.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Amersham2

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Walldorf, Germany
“Reliable but nothing special”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch. The outdoor seating is nice, service efficient but the atmosphere a little canteen-like. Very touristy.
We had local dishes (Sauerbraten, Schäufele), which were OK but nothing really special.

Visited October 2013
Taunton, Massachusetts
“A wonderful find!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had a great lunch here on the outside terrace in early September, 2013. We stumbled upon the restaurant in search of a family friendly place to eat with a good menu! The view to the church and overall setting was great, and my mushroom and pasta dish was one of the best meals I had! My husband enjoyed typical German sausages, and our toddler was kept entertained by the fun location. Only downside was the service was very rude, but we didn't let that spoil our lunch!

Des Moines, Iowa
“Favorite Restaurant in Rothenberg odT”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

For the second year in a row......this restaurant is hands down my favorite! As a matter of fact, I was in Rothenberg odT for 2 days this trip and I only ate here (because I love the food). The patio seating is wonderful and the food is soooo fresh! I love the pumpkin soup- it has pepita seeds and is sooo creamy. The pizza has a thin crust and is large enough to split. Our female server (first day) seemed less than enthusiastic to serve our group of 5, but seemed friendly with others????? If I didn't love the food so much, this would have turned me off from this restaurant. Of note, they will charge you for butter and tap water. I would have rated this restaurant a 5, except for the the issues discussed in this review.

Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Pleasant lunch spot”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We very much enjoyed lunch at this outdoor terrace. Great service, good beer and wine. My plate of Franconian sausages with saurkraut was great - be sure to ask for bread and mustard. The ladies enjoyed their salads. A very pleasant place to take a break from your Rothenburg stroll.