“Beautiful Hotel.”
Review of Burghotel

Burghotel
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Rothenburg
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We rented two rooms at the Burg Hotel. The room in front had an AC, but my mom couldn't get it working. My brother and I shared a room towards the back of the hotel. We had an amazing view of the valley below. We kept our windows open (there were 2 windows for cross-venting) and I got a bit cold. My mom's room was very hot, since the AC didn't work and they only had 1 window.
The hotel is clean and quiet. It is a little walk to the town, but not a hard walk. The breakfast is very nice. The view from the breakfast room is hard to beat.

There are no elevators. So stay on a low floor if you can't handle the stairs. We were on the 3rd floor, and with the circular staircase...I was dizzy by the time I reached the top!
Had a fantastic time!

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the back with the view of the valley.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Burghotel may be a little in need of room refurnishing but the spaces are large and the location- built right into the walls of Rothenburg are wonderful. Enjoy sunset on the hotel's courtyard overlooking the valley. The breakfast room also has stunning views. Wonderful staff!

Room Tip: If a view is important to you be sure to book one facing out over the valley
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2011

This hotel was perfect and the hospitality was even better! We had the "apartment", so we didn't actually stay at the part of the hotel that's on the wall. It's on a small side street near the wall and is an easy walk to the main hotel for daily breakfast. The apartment has three bedrooms with plenty of sleeping space. Breakfast is served daily in a room with a beautiful view of the Tauber valley. When I asked about the time frame for breakfast, the response was "from 0700 to 1000 or 1100...but don't worry, we'll wait for you." The self-serve items included fresh fruit likely collected from the fruit trees in the courtyard. The hostess/waitress/really nice lady brought us fresh coffee and whatever drink we wanted, as well as made-to-order eggs. I had a migraine headache the day we checked out, so I stayed in the hotel breakfast room while my friends went out to get souvenirs. Though it was afternoon, the hostess brought me fresh coffee. When I told her I wasn't feeling well, she promptly offered to let me lay down in the sitting room downstairs. Not only did she bring me a pillow, she pulled the curtains, rearranged the couch/chairs and closed the door so I could rest comfortably.

The service was above and beyond what I would have expected, and I have no doubt that I'll be back as winter rolls in. The hotel was lovely and I highly recommend it for people looking for a quiet, restful trip to Rothenburg ob der Tauber.

Room Tip: All of the rooms aside from the apartment are a part of the building built into the wall. The apart...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Beautiful heritage style building with breakfast room overlooking the breathtaking mountains. Very friendly welcome by the hotel staff. As we were a family of 4 were were taken to a flat around the corner which was fine. It offered easy parking and the rooms were large and clean. Breakfst was great. Really recommend this as the place to stay in Rothenburg.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank LegItAustralia
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Our 2 night stay at the Burghotel was the end of a 4 week Europe trip. Thankfully we saved the best for last. What a nice hotel, in a fantastic location. Beautiful spacious room with everything, including tea and coffee making facilities provided. Friendly and helpful staff, and a magnificent breakfast room overlooking the valley. Did I mention that breakfast came with eggs on order?
Location is perfect to access everything in Rothenburg and best of all, it is in a quiet corner so you can leave the hustle and bustle of tourism behind as soon as you step into the lobby. We definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My wife and I arrived in Rothenburg without a reservation. We were fortunate enough to stay in the top floor suite (due to someone going to the wrong Rothenburg in Germany). The service and hospitality could not have been better!!! One of the best nights that we have spent in Europe!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My sister booked the room, I had never been to Rotenburg before. Initially we were not happy because our room was not in the main hotel, we were offered a villa outside of the city wall and the reason we chose the hotel was because it was on the city wall. However, when we were shown the beautiful home we were staying in we changed our minds. Besides, Otto was more than a gracious host and made sure we had everything we needed. Even drove my sister and I to the train station to pick up our fellas who had mislaid a bag.

The rooms were clean and comfy. The breakfast was fantastic. Truly German with a great selection of cheese (including Brie my favorite!), cut meats,eggs and sausage per request so it was fresh, lox, cream cheese, yogurts, fruits, cereals, rolls, croissants..... You get the picture. The first day we got there as breakfast was 'closing' at 945 but there was plenty of food left and they brought us fresh coffee and there was no rush out. One of our party couldn't quite make it out of bed so as we were leaving Otto almost insisted they make him a plate for us to take. The next day we were all a little worse for wear, and when we showed up at the hotel at 1130, Otto ushered us upstairs to have some food, where upon they set out new meats and cheeses refreshed everything to make sure we had our fill. We then took our coffee, which they kept hot and delicious, to the patio that is literally on the wall with breathtaking views. As we watched the sheep on the far hillside being herded by a sheepdog we chatted with a woman who comes back every year for her anniversary and they spend hours just taking I the beauty.

Can you tell it was a great time? Yep, all ready planning my next trip!

Room Tip: Mention you want to stay in the actual hotel and not in a villa if you want to stay on the wall.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends