“Not bad, cheap and comfortable”
Review of Bayerischer Hof

Bayerischer Hof
Ranked #25 of 34 Rothenburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is the classic example of a hotel that tries to nickel and dime you for almost everything. It's a shame because it is not a bad hotel-really a good location and comfortable room, but I left with 2 things I remember about the stay: the wifi is not free and they wanted us to pay 15€ for a babies bed. Parking is free (surprisingly), and the other poor thing I remember is the breakfast really was not good. Very basic-meat, cheese and cereal. Anyways, if this is all that's available, it's adequate. There are better options

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I stayed at Bayerischer Hof only one night but enought to appreciate. I had a comfortable en suite room very clean . I enjoied chocolate on the bedside table. close to downtown and train station, i'm sorry restaurant was close

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed here in the family suite and our daughter and son in law in a double room at the end of November. It was a wonderful stay. The Inn is very nice, welcoming, clean and comfortable. Less than a 1 block walk into the walled portion of the city, it provides off street parking. A delightful breakfast in the morning with more than you could wish for. Owner and staff were all very friendly, helpful and informative. I would highly recommend this establishment!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Smbelle
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Our room was great! It had a window to the back, a little sitting area, a bed, and a private bath. There was also a gated parking area in the back as well. The bathroom was actually one of the biggest I've seen in European hotel rooms!

It was a 5-10 minute walk to downtown, but is also close to the train station and other ammenities.

The staff were friendly, helpful, and spoke English very well. The breakfast was slimmer than other hotel/B&Bs I've eaten at, but sufficient.

The only complaint I had was that once the gated parking area is locked, there is no way to even access your car. Knowing this ahead of time (from reading reviews) we made sure we had everything. We weren't bothered by this, but I can see that it may be a problem for some. Be warned.

Overall, I would highly recommend this to friends and strangers alike. Good hotel, good people, good trip!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

The location is excellent a few meters from the wall. There is a grocery store right around the corner and also the train station is really close. Granted is not a five star hotel but the people are nice and the premises are very clean with parking included. If you want to experience German living then stay here, do not expect high tech commodities though, this city is old and that is the beauty of it (although there is hot water and wifi)

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 29 December 2010

Nothing particularly wrong with this place – good, clean rooms, useful car park round the back, only a five-minute walk to the old town. But I think there are similar B&Bs at better prices – we paid 72 euros a night (including breakfast), but we met a couple who were staying right in the centre of the old town for something like 50 euros a night, with a shared bathroom. So I think a bit of phoning around might reveal better value places.

Only other comments are that the breakfast was good, but a bit limited – I'm used to a little bit more with breakfasts in Germany. The only other minor thing was that our room was on the road side of the building; it's not a busy road but the sound insulation isn't great so it that could cause some minor disturbance.

Overall really not bad at all, but I think you might be able to find better, for less money.

WARNING: the link to booking.com on this page is wrong. It takes you to a hotel with the same name in a different part of Germany (you see this when you click on the link). It IS possible to book online with booking.com though, so I suggest you go to the booking.com homepage and search from there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bhotelfan
Reviewed 25 May 2005

We visited Rothenburg in May 2005, and stayed at the Bayerischer Hof. We try to find places to stay where you can enjoy the culture at a good value rather than a bleak hotel. The breakfast was a good basic german breakfast, rooms were nice, comfortable and clean. Also, the best part was we are just a 5 min. walk to the Rothenburg gate, in fact you can see it from the hotel. We paid 57.00Euro per night, and if you drive, they have locked free parking behind the B&B. They are very nice, in fact they let us keep our car parked in their lot after we checked out, as we wanted to return to the old town to finish some shopping. Breakfast is included with your stay. We highly recommend this place, you can not beat the price, comfort and location for this B&B!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2005