Hotel-Gasthof Goldener Greifen
US$104
US$122
US$109
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe main squarefree parkingmayor's housetown squareyogurtcan't beat the locationnight watchman tourparking areaperfect locationroom was large and comfortableold houseold townthree week tripthird floorcooked to order eggsrecommend staying herelimited parking
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Fantastic hotel within the city walls.
Lovely staff, big comfortable room and great breakfast. Quiet even though we were in the middle of town. Would definately recommend Rothenburg and this wonderful old hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank nugget00
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Parking is key if you are staying in the old city, make sure your hotel provides parking. Hotels here are for sleeping (or crashing after a great night out) "Go to Hell" only pub in the city with a wait list. I recommend the night watchmen tour, same guy doing it for the past 10 years, look like a young Roger Daltry, very funny and educational, acceptable for children, even teenagers! Oh yes the hotel very good food, the rooms are large and clean, it's cool to say you stayed in a 600 year old inn. Staff is friendly and speak English. The breakfast dinning was the best part of the stay. Well worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel is extremely comfortable, clean, excelent and nice hostess. I am pregnant and we had a problem with the air company, and the hostess helped us to receive our luggages back. It was very kind.

We stayed for 2 night in April/2014 (me, my husband and 2 brothers-in-law).
It is in the center of Rothenburg, very good location. There is a restaurant inside the hotel that is also very delicious and pleasant.
I strongly recomend this hotel and I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RayanneSousa
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My mom and I stayed here in November, and what a nice place. The owners were fantastic, very friendly, we could park right behind the hotel and it is conveniently located right off the main square in Rothenburg. The rooms are large and clean, the food excellent and the place still has a lovely historic feel as the building is hundreds of years old. I also loved the huge old metal room keys.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Mary F
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel is very charming, what you might imagine a quaint hotel to be. The staff appeared to be family members and they were very friendly and helpful. The European style breakfast each day was well presented and more than enough for my husband and I. Our room was spotless, the modern bathroom could not have been kept any cleaner and the shower was great with plenty of hot water, we had a large bed that was very comfortable. The location of the hotel is a deciding factor, it is right in the middle of town (but very quiet rooms) with easy to access free parking in the rear. I would recommend this hotel to any friends and family and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we visited this part of Germany.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple