We had a nice two night stay at the hotel. Just inside the city walls and within an easy 10 minute walk to the town center. A little quirky in that there was only single beds and no handsoap or shampoo (only shower body gel) offered by the hotel, so you might want to bring your own; not a big deal, but a little odd. Breakfast was fine for the hotel size. No major issues. 3-3.5 Star is a fair rating.
We rented bikes (brochure at the hotel) just outside the old city and road down through the valley below the town, which was beautiful and quiet. On the return, we were passed by a couple in their late 60s coming back up the hill on electric bikes, so that might be a good idea to try (our younger buddy said that we should've listened to him and gone electric!).
We did an hour or so guided tour of Rothenburg which was excellent and well worth the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Prinzhotel Rothenburg is located very quietly within the old town and ideally provides stairs to access the historic townwall and Roedertower, which are directly next to us. It provides 50 very comfortable modern designed room categories standard, superior and bel etage, which have been renovated recently including big new bathrooms with daylight effect, over 60 TV channels with 32" LED flatscreens and WiFi. Fantastic private breakfast buffet for individual travellers. Wellness Packages enhance the romantic weekend break. You can book the best room rates and offers, with up to 15% rebate - but only on the OFFICIAL Prinzhotel Cbooking engine. The Hotel is accessible by car without hindrance. You drive directly with your car in the front of the hotel. On the terrace of our airconditioned restaurant Topinambur you enjoy, fresh regional dishes - and a daily happy hour in the Cocktailbar TopinamBAR. We serve the best Rothenburg coffee specialities with incredible foamy variations and thick tasty waffles - try us for a fantastic coffee experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Prinzhotel Rothenburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinzhotel Rothenburg Hotel Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber
- Prinzhotel Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber