“Very nice!”
Review of Zum Schwan

Zum Schwan
Ranked #19 of 113 Restaurants in Rothenburg
Cuisines: German
Description: It shows up on Google maps...and I went there a couple weeks ago. It is a small localish place just down from the main square.
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was our 2nd time to Zum Schwan. The service is friendly, and very good. The food is very good and there are many choices.
I highly recommend this restaurant for nice family dinning.

1  Thank Kathiewebb

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We were with a local, so it can't be blamed on language barrier. After a rude comment in the garden, we moved to the front. No one came to take an order, so my hubby and the local went in 3x to try to get served. Finally someone came and took our order. No apology. We had waited at least 30 minutes and had to wait probably another 30 for the food. When we wanted to leave it was the same story to get the bill. The good part was the food was tasty, filling and reasonably priced, but we will never go back.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Big meals so we split and it was plenty. The prices were decent but even better when you share. We tried the local Taulber white wine and it was quite good. We sat out back in the beer garden. The wait staff was very helpful and they had an English menu.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

This was the first place we ate in Rothenburg and it was average. We had the cordon blue and championrahmschnitzel. We found the meat to be a little tough. It was good, but I just expected a little better. The waitress was nice, but seemed to not like being there. They have their own beer and I asked the style of beer, she said it was beer so I asked if it was a hefewiezen and she frustratingly said, "no, it's beer" and when I looked confused, she said "a pils." Perhaps it's my ignorance (is a hefe called a beer in Germany??), but I was surprised by the gruff attitude in such a touristy location. I'm sure she deals with her fair share of annoying tourists, but I didn't feel asking for help to pronounce a dish and what style of beer they had was annoying.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We eat at this restaurant almost every time we go to Rothenburg odt. The servers speak English very well and have English menus if you need them. The food is excellent. I love their schnitzel and fries. Also their Kase Spaetzel is amazing! Comes with a salad and their dressing is very good. The prices are not so bad and the location is ideal to get back to your car if you parked in or near the P2 parking.