Mittermeier Restaurant & Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$231
US$286
US$156
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscoffee machineold townmodern boutique hotelpatio doorschess boardminute walksmaller roomwall gatebottom floororder eggstrain station to the hotelperfect locationacross europesized bedeuros per personnice roomhotel is situated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The hotel is located just outside the town walls. It was extremely convenient to everything you want to do in Rothenburg. The decor is eclectic and very nicely done. Our room and bath were very clean and the bed was comfortable. We booked a double but were surprised to find a double bed against the wall, with a desk at the foot of the bed. You had to climb over the person next to you to get out of bed which was a very strange set up for a double room and very inconvenient. The girl who checked us in walked us upstairs to the room and made no mention of an elevator. I don't know if there was one -- we did not see it. We only stayed one night so it wasn't too bad. However, I would have changed rooms if we were staying longer. All in all, I would recommend this hotel for the convenience to the town and the cleanliness of the room and bath.

Room Tip: Be sure to check the arrangement of bed(s) in room before booking.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times and had various rooms. One was small but to a very high standard - with lovely fitted out bathroom. The other room was huge - with his and herd sinks and a beautiful claw foot bath in the room.
Service is always good and breakfast offers a really nice choice.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This hotel is ideally situated outside the town gates of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, so you can easily park your car in their lot and walk inside of the town. It sure beats trying to navigate the tiny streets inside of the town. Like many of the other reviews suggest, the rooms are not of the greatest quality, but I found it to just lend to the hotels charm. The breakfast was decent. This review would have earned a higher rating except for a terrible experience we had at checkout. I had a terrible neck ache when I woke up and after checking out, we decided to walk to the apothecary inside Rothenburg. We left our car in the lot. It was the only car there, plenty of other parking spots. It took us 15 minutes to go to the apothecary and back to get some medicine. When we returned, and were getting in our car, the hotel owner came out of the front door screaming at us for leaving our car after checkout. I'm not talking about a calm discussion, but literally screaming at us. He told us he had called the cops and they were on their way. We tried to explain to him that we were only gone for 15 minutes because I wasn't feeling well but he didn't want to hear any of it. It was only after we told him that it was terrible customer service to treat us this way that he finally backed down. He grudgingly offered us a bottle of free wine which we declined. I will have to say I am well traveled in Germany and the people there are just lovely. This was the only rude person I had ever run into. Please note that this trip was two years ago and I didn't write a review then. However, I just recently returned from another great trip to Germany and I am catching up all my reviews. This is the only bad one I am giving. The rest of our travels were fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Loved this place although I wish I could have gotten a room with a view. I asked but although they were not full, they did not offer one to me. The room was cool but tiny; bed hard like a rock. In all, I like the decor throughout and it's just a minute away from the city center but a short walk from the train station.

Service was not that great; even for check-in/check-out, I had to call to get someone to come and even then I had to wait for a quite a while. The internet did not work well.

Breakfast was excellent! Was looking forward to eating dinner at the restaurant but it was not open so make sure to check the schedule if you plan to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the hills on the opposite side of the road.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

We spent one night at hotel Mittermeier while visiting the Christmas market in Rothenburg ob der Tauber.

We booked with hotels.com and paid 75 euros, which included free parking, internet, and breakfast.

Our room was fine, but nothing special - in the basement where the internet was spotty. But the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. No mini bar, fridge, etc.

The service was fantastic. We arrived early and our room wasn't ready. So we read in a second lobby, where the staff offered us coffee and tea and checked in on us. We also played cards after hours in the dining room and the staff continued to wait on us, despite our protests. Really nice staff.

The breakfast spread was great, including made to order omelets. That's in addition to the meats, cheeses, baked goods, cereal, etc.

Location was perfect - just outside the city walls.

Definitely felt like a deal!

• Stayed: November 2012