“Wish I could have stayed longer!”
Review of Hotel Raidel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rothenburg
Hotel Raidel
Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Rothenburg
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I just happened on this hotel, unfortunately they only had room for me for one night. The room was small but simple, however it was perfectly located, Internet was great and the service was fantastic! Breakfast was lovely with juice,meats, breads, cheeses, fruits, egg and coffee. I would recommend it to any single female traveler as well because it was also very safe.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Such a cute hotel! More like a B&B. Old, charming, quaint house. Breakfast is included. I paid 69 Euros for 1 night in May, standard room with double bed and private bath. Mr. Raidel is a kind older man, helpful and accomdating. This hotel is within the town's old wall, extremely close to the center of town/town hall (maybe a 3-4 min walk) called Marktplatz. Basically every great Rothenburg ODT attraction is a 1-10 minute walk. Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We were in Rothenburg for a night and stayed at this hotel, which met our needs for a night. The hotel is antique and has lots of character, but had an indeterminable creepy and dark feel to it. I think this was mostly due to us being the only guests at the time in this huge house converted to hotel. The owner is accomodating, but not so personable for someone in the hospitality business. We had a triple room that was spacious with an en-suite bathroom. It was decently clean, although a good scrubbing would have helped. The room faced the street and there was a lot of early morning traffic that woke us up. We are typically not light sleepers, but it was enough to bring us to an early rise, which was okay because we wanted to get out and tour anyway.
The breakfast is basic-- store bought jams and meats and cheese, with an addition of what seemed to be a homebaked pastry.

We had a nice enough stay, although on return to Rothenburg we would probably stay somewhere else.

The best thing about this hotel is its location-- right up the little road from what I would term "central" Rothenburg, cute shops, restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Our family of 6 stayed in 3 rooms: 2nd floor my husband and I and 3rd floor 2 adjoining rooms with 2 teenagers in each. We knew from Rick Steve's book that this would be a rustic-charmer, but wished the toilet wasn't so. It ran constantly and my husband did some quick plumbing repair and we tried to explain with our limited German to Mr. Raidel. Mr. Raidel is very kind and quite the craftsman; all the wood work he has done himself. Breakfast was served by Mr. Raidel and traditional German food which we all enjoyed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank idgrl7
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed at the Raidel Gueshouse many years ago, Mrs Raidel became a friend and we spent hours talking in a mixture of german, english and romanian - quite an effort but our hands came in handy too. The guesthouse is average but it has become one of the highlights of our life, Rothenburg is a step back in time and the many toyshops are enchanting.
We also met Mrs Raidel's son and would recommend this place to anyone. Many many fond memories.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank GWJG
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I was with my wife and two grandkids on this visit. This bed & breakfast is rustic, interesting, reasonably priced, inside the Rotenburg wall, clean and has a nice breakfast. Mr. Raidel finds a free parking place for you beside the town wall. It appears that Mr. Raidel runs it himself including preparing and serving the breakfast. On this last visit he provided me with free internet service, however, the internet time was limited and this limited time was divided among all the guests. Thus, the first password he gave me produced the message that all the time had been used up, so I asked for and received another password, which worked. I always enjoy staying here, but I can't rate it a 5 because some of the others I stay in are much nicer. There are limitations because the building structure is so old. But it is, after all, Rotenburg. All of us enjoyed our stay here and I'll stay here again if occation arises.

Room Tip: The 2 floor (1st floor in Germany) is good because there is a common balcony from which you can get...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vaking
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Hotel Raidel is a fun and interesting place to stay. It is OLD and not very quiet, especially on the street side, but it was clean enough and had a nice breakfast. This is not the updated ultra-modern hotel but it has bunches of character and is very handy. It's a quick walk from the train station and to the main square. Herr Raidel is a nice man who is helpful and kind. This is an affordable hotel. We had a triple room that ended up having 2 bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths. If you're on a budget and like something old with character, Hotel Raidel is the place to go.

Room Tip: Budget minded. Ensuite bathrooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family