“Too Charming For Words!!!”

and 1 more site!
Altfrankische Weinstube
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Rothenburg
Oliver, Canada
“Too Charming For Words!!!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We loved this centrally located little hotel! It was super charming and devinely quaint and at the same time very quirky! Our room was spotlessly clean and nicely decorated with a large four poster bed. We didn't meet Mario but the lady who checked us in was very helpful and friendly. We had a delicious meal in the hotel restaurant with Carmen's wonderful personality adding to the incredible ambience. There was an excellent selection for breakfast - which was served by candlelight in a smaller dining room. All in all, this is the place to stay in Rothenburg!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights. Had dinner one night (we should have eaten there both nights). Dinner was fantastic and Carmen, our waitress, was so much fun! This was the most cozy, quaint, charming hotel I've ever been to. It was like stepping back in time. Wish we could've spent more time here. Mario runs the place. He met us when we drove up to the hotel and found us a place to park less than a block away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at this charming hotel only one night. When we walked in, we heard many people raving about the good dinner they were being served. :) :) The owner greeted us right away and helped us carry our luggage to our very very clean and comfortable room upstairs. Even the hallways were decorated beautifully.

There was an immaculately clean, spacious new bathroom with European facilities (tub/handheld shower unit) which we were fine with. Very good water pressure and hot water!! There was a room heater which we did not have to use.

The staff was very kind and accommodating. Our candlelight breakfast was delightful. Everything was fresh and tasty, and served in a lovely way -- coffee was in individual porcelain pots, plenty of flowers on the tables, etc. Very nice!

Sadly, our rental car was making a strange noise so we weren't able to stay longer. We were happy to have stayed here and give it a good recommendation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cherry Hill
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary and couldn't have had a more romantic place to stay. Everyone was most helpful and the place is just dreamy. My wife and I dined at the restaurant two nights while we were staying there and they were both delicious and inexpensive. The potato soup is excellent. We also attended the Wednesday evening English club and spent hours talking to Robert, Alex and several others. If you are there on a Wednesday I would highly recommend the English Club.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We did not stay here but did eat in the restaurant. This is a great introduction to an old-world German restaurant. Very cozy with clearly a very long history, the ambience is unbeatable. Service was attentive, even when it got busy and food was very good for being "pub food". Wine and beer selections were quite good as well. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We did not stay at the hotel, but we did eat at the restaurant and I'm not exaggerating when I say it was one of my favorite meals I've ever had. The atmosphere in the restaurant is absolutely fabulous. It felt like you were transported back 400 years in time (with access to 3G). The pilsner beer that they have on tap is incredibly tasty and drinkable. Both my wife and I started with the potato soup, and it was delicious, topped with crispy croutons. I had the pork chop with sauerkraut for the main course while my wife had the pork medallions and both were absolutely perfectly cooked and delicious. The service is very friendly and prompt and the restaurant is extremely reasonably priced; I think we paid about €45 for the apps, main courses, and 5 total beverages. I will be returning to this restaurant again as soon as I get the chance!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
LOWELL MA
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was the experience we were looking for on our trip across Germany. This beautiful little inn was nestled in a walled Medieval town and had all of storybook characteristics we wished for. The room was beautifully appointed and the pub served delicious food. We ate dinner there both nights and never ventured out. (Sounds crazy, but the turkey salad was unbelievable. Also, the portions were huge.) The atmosphere was cozy, and we joined locals at the "English Speaking Club" on Wednesday night and heard some amazing personal stories. We dined by a beautiful fireplace. Nothing could have been more romantic than this setting. The breakfast was a nice variety and plentiful. If there is a drawback, it would be that we had to park outside the city and walk with our bags, which did not negatively impact us, but it is something folks should know. I think keeping all the tourist cars outside the town help to preserve its character, and the walk was not far. Everything is within walking distance in this charming town. Also, while the bathroom was modern and clean, I had a difficult time managing the bathing situation. It is an open bathtub, (no shower walls) with a shower nozzle attachment. I got water everywhere because I am not used to this sort of thing.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 4 (see pictures). There was no noise from the pub or street, and the furni...