“Guesthouse stay in Rothenburg”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Am weissen Turm
Ranked #37 of 45 Hotels in Rothenburg
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Rothenburg o.d. Tauber a guesthouse in an old building with an restaurant on the first floor. A GREAT deal in this town, big room and large bathroom with heat and windows. Very good WIFI and super friendly reception when we arrived. Parking a few hundred feet away on a public parking lot (outside the city walking streets). The breakfast is served in another restaurant / hotel a short walk away - but worth it! Great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Am weissen Turm

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The room was nice and the location was excellent. There are many problems with this hotel though. The first problem is there is no parking and you have to walk to the hotel to check in, then we were actually roomed at another location over a bar/restaurant. I knew this when I booked the hotel so that is not a big deal to me. The problem started that night when my wife and I had to listen to some noisy drunks until late in the night. I did not know this room was going to be over a bar.
The next problem was that the shower in our room was broken. It squirted enough water for us to get dressed, but because we were not housed at the same location as the registration desk (and there is no phones in the room) we could not report the problem. The electrical outlet was also broken in the bathroom.
When we went to check out I nicely informed the lady at the desk. She got mad and blamed me for breaking the shower and the outlet. She stated that I should be more careful in a house that was built 800 years ago. I tried to reason with her that the shower was not 800 years old, but her or her husband would not hear this.
It is a great location to see the town from, but the staff and amenities are lacking to say it nicely.

Room Tip: There are many other hotels to choose from in the area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank armyvette84
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Fantastic room, hosts were excellent even when we arrived very late, super friendly.
Breakfast was delicious with a fantastic choice. The room we stayed in was huge, beautifully decorated and the bed was so comfy and the room was spotless.

There were no tea or coffee making facilities, a bit of let down as there was no one in the building to get a drink from.

parking can be difficult and breakfast is served in the main hotel a few minutes walk away from the guest house (If you stay in the guest house) but for us this was not an issue as everything was so good.

Room Tip: Take a drink in as you can not get one in the room or once the café has closed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed at Hotel Am weissen Turm in July 2013.

Liked:
Perfect location - near the Rothenburg's main town square and lots of restaurants, cafes and shopping nearby.
Our room (#3) was huge and well-decorated with antique looking furniture. It had a fresco on the ceiling, lots of character and several windows on 2 sides. I believe some of the other rooms are much smaller though.
Wi-fi speed was good.
The room was quiet; we did not hear outside noise.
The price was right - 65 euros for 1 night.

Disliked:
One minor inconvenience - you have to check out at a different hotel around the block.

Overall: 5/5. We highly recommend this hotel due its great location.

Room Tip: Room #3 was great. Huge room with king size bed, fresco on ceiling, windows on 2 sides, daybed, mak...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Colleen S
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was a wonderful hotel! The staff was friendly and helpful and they can speak English very well. The location is perfect, you are near the city square and town hall. The restaurant that is in the bottom of the hotel has great food at a reasonable price - I ate here for the majority of my trip. The rooms are pretty basic but I found it to be spacious and very clean. I'm not a smoker and I didn't notice a smoke smell anywhere in the hotel so it seems like this problem a previous reviewer mentioned has been cleared up. I stayed here during the Meistertrunk Festival in May 2013 and I found it to be a very central location and yet I was still able to get a good night's sleep at night so noise wasn't an issue. I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to Rothenburg.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed here on a trip through on the romantic road. The hotel is one block off of the Markt Platz putting it in a great location for all the sights of Rothenburg. I would recommend it for couples or singles travelling as it was competitively priced for a city that can fill up quick with tourists.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SouthernReality
Reviewed 26 February 2008

The owners here are heavy smokers. The open design of the building lets the smoke fill the entire building. We had a non-smoking room and breathed smoke all night. Skipped the free breakfast just to leave as soon as possible. We ended up in the tourist information office who found us a hotel next door that was following the new laws in Germany on smoking. Add to that no TV, radio or elevator. You will breathe smoke up and down the three flights of steps for the non-smoking rooms. I would never leave a negative review if it was not deserved.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family