“Friendly staff, great location, beautiful dining room”

Zum Schwarzen Adler
Ranked #41 of 45 Hotels in Rothenburg
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and found it a lovely hotel. Claudia who runs it is very helpful and friendly. It is clean, beautifully decorated breakfast room with a very good breakfast. Room was simply furnished with a lovely comfy bed. Good value

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank devonka

Reviewed 21 March 2013

This was a pleasant, quaint hotel. Small, intimate and very unique. The lady that runs the hotel is very nice and understands English with no problems. Her breakfast as far as European standards was excellent. The beds were very comfortable. It was clean and neat, also she sold us some cola light and gave us some glasses so we could enjoy it in our room after a long day of walking the city. It was just a few steps away from the church, and only 10 min. walk to the markt square. Excellent location. If I were to return I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank worldtravelsavy
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Nothing too fancy here but good basic clean accommodation. Close to center, quiet. Comfortable beds, friendly owners, wifi in lobby.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ComeSeeHun
Reviewed 3 June 2012

stayed here with motorbikes .the staff were very friendly and let us put the bikes in the garage at no charge. the room was ok but the breakfast was very nice and at a reasonable cost all in all the hotel is in a great position being in the centre of a great town.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank daveDerbyUk
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We chose the Schwazer Adler based on the comments of the people and because it seemed we could park our car. The hotel has no garage, so if you don't find a place to park car on the street (which was our case), you'll have to leave it in a public parking and pay for it (and getting up earlier than 8 am or 9am in order to get the ticket).
It is a simple hotel with a good location inside the walls. Rooms are normal and the bathroom is really tiny. Bearing in mind we had to pay for the parking and the breakfast was not included, we think it is not such a good prize for value.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Maria161
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Having decided upon travelling to Rothenburg ob der Tauber at the last minute, I struggled to find somewhere to stay. I then came across Schwazer Adler on a hotel booking site which had reasonable reviews so for 57 euros B&B I decided to give it a try. Really pleased that we did. The hotel is in a great location, close to the centre of the town 5min walk if that but out of the way enough for it to be quiet at night. The staff were really helpful and we managed to get parked outside the hotel for the night. The bedroom had dated decor but was spotlessly clean with nice bedlinen and dark oat furniture. I had read that a young couple had bought the place earlier this year and were renovating it - this seems to be the case as the restaurant & breakfast room appeared to be newly decorated in a contemporary style. The Schwazer Adler would be somewhere I would stay again and will be a fantastic place if they continue their renovations as per downstairs.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dbriggs2010
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I selected the Schwazer Adler based on its location and price. Other reviews I read commented on the noise level, so when booking, I requested a quiet room. We stayed one night in the middle of the week with no problems. The room had to paid for in cash, which was stated up front on the booking site I used and I was prepared for this. The beds were clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and the location was great, only a short walk to the Rathaus under the cathedral. With free on-street parking and a location inside the city walls for around 60 euro, I couldn't have been happier! I found the Schwazer Adler to be a great option for a budget traveler.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family